Not winter at Hampton Beach today

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Hey, maybe there is something to this global warming, after all. The thermometer on my deck read 60 degrees today!!!!!!!!!! So Ralph and I headed for the beach. ( Been Jonesin' for some sand for too long). We've had a few spring like days lately, and no snow was showing along the route we took. Actually saw a few GREEN lawns!
The beach, wonderful tho it was, only yeilded one thin dime , 1998; 2 shotgun shells, and a pretty 925 silver pendant with 2 small garnet cabacons. The trash factor was pretty bad I thought for January.
Seems to be a bumper crop of beached lobster traps...

Attachments

• traps.JPG
    traps.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ashleen

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
oops,,,only one pic posted ???
try again...

Attachments

• Lobtrap.JPG
    Lobtrap.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 297
OP
OP
ashleen

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
ok,,,so,,,you can only post one pic at a time?
.........more traps....

Attachments

• trapbeach.JPG
    trapbeach.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 297
OP
OP
ashleen

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Ralph closing in on the silver/garnet pendant...

Attachments

• ralph.JPG
    ralph.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 290

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Nice find!! I go there every now and then in the summer, once when I was there I found a 20 dollar bill rolled up and stuck in between some rocks. Hows the detecting there in the summer? Its always so packed, must be tons of good stuff :o

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Ash,

sounds like some good weather. ?Had about 2-3 inches of snow/sleet last night, but got
into the 30's today. ?Nice that you got out. Like the photos.

have a good un............

OP
OP
ashleen

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Seems I can take a decent outside pic with the digital camera,,,but inside with little stuff...boy I suck :(
Sorry,,, you can't really see much...

Attachments

• 1-21-06Hampton.JPG
    1-21-06Hampton.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 272
OP
OP
ashleen

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Sherm...the weather man just informed me that come Monday we're gonna be buried in snow again! So I'm even more thrilled to have spent the day at the beach. Grateful, actually.......
It's already cooling down.
Even as it was getting dark, I DID NOT want to leave the beach. (typical) lol However, the wind was picking up pretty bad and blew me back to the van almost like I was in zero gravity! i felt like a lightweight :D

Jake,,,we very rarely MD Hampton in the summer.Altho I do love to night hunt there when there is a full moon; then I bring the van and make a night out of it :) Just toooooo crowded. Just the traffic there in the summer. My daughter used to live there,,,what a commuting nightmare it was :( We tend to go to fresh water swimming areas in the evenings 'cuz I like to search the waters edge where all the mothers tended the kids that day.
We have an old Micronta Discovery2 from Radio Shack, that we've had for years. It's so old, the speaker doesn't even work anymore. Earphones do, tho. It has a salt discrim, so I used that today. nada, i mean NOTHING! worked fine yesterday in the yard, today it was dead as a carp. New batteries even. Go figure. Me thinks it's a goner :(
Ralph used the Garrett GTA 350, and he found the pendant,dime, shells.
I'm thinking there's need of a new detector ;)
HH
ash

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ashleen I just love those pictures! Nice finds too!

;)

So.....you're getting a new detector?! ;D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Scenery look's great up there.Congrat's on the silver.Hope the weather will hold out for you.HH!!

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
hay good to see you got out..i almost made it out to Hampton on Saturday...but i am trying to finish my horse stalls....i have good luck in them rocks you have in your photo there...a few rings..loots of clad..i hit right behind the rocks..it seems when something hits the back of the rock's that it sink's right there...Hampton beach is a very trashy beach..
i find that Salisbury beach is a lot cleaner...glad you two got out to enjoy the wether

OP
OP
ashleen

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
NORTHEAST HUNTER said:
glad you two got out to enjoy the wether

NEHunter,,,,,sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh! what a difference a day makes, huh? Nothing but snow ( 4 letter word ) here today :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread