German Medal? 1875 1 Mark.. Pictures of the old house......

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the old log house today. Every time I go there I seem to find something good! Seems like I have been hunting the same old spots....but things just keep coming up....so I keep looking!? I hate that the finds are all in such bad shape but I guess with all the cows and fertilizer they don't stand much of a chance of coming out of the ground in very good condition.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? But I'll take 'em!? ;D

Does anybody have a clue on the medal? It has an eagle on the top...then a crown...says Deutschekrieder Fechtanstalt around the outside and then the initials of F.W.? ?V. St. .........When I found it I thought it was from some sort of a toy...then I got home and washed it off a bit and found a medal!

The 1 Mark made the oldest coin I have found to date! 1875!
I can't read the date on the mercury....? :-\
And the wheat is from 1950.

Oh yeah....Monty...I found bullets too!? ;D?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ;)

Attachments

• Mark001.jpg
    Mark001.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0

folkert

Feb 10, 2004
Germany
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero Germany
Re: German Medal? 1875 1 Mark....mercury and a wheat!

The medal can be dated between 1884 when the fighting institute was founded and 1918 .

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There were many German POW camps in the states during WWI and WWII. Maybe you are on to one? Is this the same site where you found the shackles? Track5cpt has detected a German POW camp in South Carolina with success, that's not so far from Alabama. Your site just might get better. Looking forward to a future hunt and finds. HH and good luck, Mike

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

COOL!!! Nana !!? I have beutifulweather and can't Hunt. Get after it Nana.? Burdie

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!

That old Folkert? Neat!........
Mike....I looked a bit for info on the camp sites and I was shocked to learn that Alabama did have them in the state....but as far as I can tell...not here.... The only thing I do know is that the last person that lived in the log house (1950'ish)? was in the War so maybe he brought all this stuff back with him...but how'd he get a German Medal?? ??? And why is all this stuff scattered around outside? Thanks for helping me.
I went to the site yesterday and took some pictures so you all could see where I have been spending the last couple of weeks. Having someone to share your finds with is half the fun! Thanks!? ;)

First pic.....the barn....the shackles were in the field in front of the barn.
Second pic....the log house

I would love to detect the yard and the area between the house and the barn...but the briars are monsters!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Nana? ;)

Attachments

• 0122barn.JPG
    0122barn.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 263
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next one...

Attachments

• 0122loghouse2.JPG
    0122loghouse2.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 247

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Excellent place Nana! I think people threw stuff out that hey didnt need or want...thinking it was worthless....like in the fifties when everyone threw out their oak tables and replaced them with formica and chrome.......or as in old medals etc , they were often given to children for play trinkets because no one thought they were worth anything. I think that cabin is beautiful and love the fireplace....could move right in! LOL

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! ;)

Hey GH....all it needs is a little cleaning....move right in!.....might have to replace a few boards here and there....maybe a couple a windows replaced....and get use to going outside to potty! :D No power or water bill! That's a plus! :D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
man the south is a beautiful part of the country. Delaware used to be beautiful but unfortunatly it is mostly all neighborhoods and strip malls now. spots like yours are few and far between around here. :( i guess thats what they call progress.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Yes, very cool finds Nana. Ich spreche die deutsch. Well, I kinda use to... anyway... I would try cleaning that dime with the old tin foil/saltwater method. I found one similar and it cleaned up good. Just take about a cup of warm water and put about 1 tablespoon of salt in it. Take the coin and wrap in aluminum foil. Let soak for 20 minutes. Repeat as necessary.

I love seeing the pictures of the sites that people find this stuff. Thanks for the pic of the place. :)

Mirage

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't want to mislead you hollow.....not everwhere here looks like that! :-\

The far away view of the city lights at night are just a dim reminder of what I left behind last year! ;)

Hey Hunter.....If I find one.....You'll be the first to know! Thanks for the confidence! :)

And I'm going to try that mixture right now Mirage!!! Thanks! Let's go see how it does!

Nana ;)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Love the place. I could spend a week or more just taking it slow, maybe wear some heavier clothes and thick gloves and take along a machete.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow! Those are some great finds, WTG!!!
Love that medal, very cool... Looks like a very nice place to hunt also...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say that the old house your hunting has some real nice finds and I'm sure there is plenty more...Being around cows , the copper coins will be rough but that house will surely give up some nice Silver coins one day....Good luck going back.........Seeker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread