A cold 1.5 hour mill hunt and a few finds...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some more research on the old mill site and found there was another mill close by but I?m not sure where. The burning of these two mills on 15 May 1704 signified the start of a war fought here. I couldn?t wait to get back there but today at 01:00 PM it was -7C/19F however, a nice sunny day. I decided it would be a cold hunt, bundled up, crossed my fingers and headed out hoping the forest bed would be penetrable. Also have drawn the line after this hunt, -7 is barley tolerable for 1.5 hours, if it?s -8, I?m not going out, LOL! Had a great time out there. The forest had about 3?-4? of very crunchy snow but little problem digging. Targets were few but interesting. Here?s a patch of forest behind the old mill.
normal_22Jan06forest.jpg

Made a few interesting finds for my efforts. These are all the targets I dug. A piece of pipe, a buckle, 2 pieces of foil, a pair of scissors and three ox shoes. Note I used a nice snowy white background to display the finds, LOL! I used the Fisher CZ7A in all metal mode today, nothing notched out. It?s a good robust machine for this type of detecting. Cabin fever gone until tomorrow! HH, Mike
normal_22Jan06finds.jpg

Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mike, you're a little crazy going out at 19 degrees but I'm glad you did. Because of your post, It just occurred to me that those rusty crusties that I've been finding are ox shoes.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
BM,

I am sitting on a heated porch, drinking a tea, and I get the shivers from your post.

You got the disease bad; another crazy md'er.

Nice finds.

have a good un.............

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D I knew you wouldn't be able to resist! :D

Let's hope that you get at least -9 tomorrow!

Neat finds Mike!!!

;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You got to be one of the biggest die hard's around here,glad you got out anyway.Hope this place treat's you well in the future.good luck and HH!!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are one hardcore hunter!! That ground had to be froze. Glad you could get out. ;)

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the great comments and, About cold weather; I spent 8 years in the military right around where I live in Germany, would have stayed military but wifey gave me an ultimatum and has worked out well to date. However, I have spent many months sleeping in a tent and working out in this cold environment during my military years, you just have no idea how much inclement weather training I?ve had, hours of classroom training and months of practical training. I can?t stand the cold so I always dress warm and leave before I start getting cold. Anyone can do this if they dress for the conditions. Had I gone skiing today like many other people, it would have been the norm, LOL! HH, Mike

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are dedicated. Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread