Finally I Got IT!!!!

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
I think it really depends on what you are most likely to be hunting.....I personally like to hunt more for coins and jewelry. Going on what I have read on this site I usually run my 250 in the jewelry mode and set my sensitivity level to 4 or 5 bars. This works for me but I do try other modes and sensitivity levels....depending on where I'm at and the level of trash in the area. Dig'em all and the best of luck to you.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Zack,

hope you enjoy that new detector, learn it well and it will do the job for you.

have a good un..........

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your new addition...I would start on your own front lawn and from there depending on how old your town is go to the nearest park and give that a try....good luck Seeker

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Congrats on the new acquisition. You should read your manual tonight and put that knowledge to use in your yard tomorrow. Practice is the best way to learn your machine.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Good deal Zack,,,
I look forward to seeing your post...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Yup.. good machine! Depends on what you're looking for and where you're looking for it!

One word of advice though... take the first 8 inches or so of your coil wire straight up from the coil and tape it to the lower stem. If you wrap the coil wire to close to the coil, you could get some falsing due to the detector detecting it's on wire! I have found taht doing this allows me to increse my sensitivity to one bar short of full and not create any falsing at all.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guy, if you look at my last post you'll see a couple itiems my buddy found with his Garrett 250. He gave me the tokens, said he really didn't like them. Well I do, I love tokens and anything else that I can dig up. Hope you have lots and lots of fun with your new machine. I also have one and love relic hunting with mine. Have found buttons and bullets and coins in the fields here in nw ohio. HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread