Sunny day winter beach hunt and a few finds...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It got up to -0.5C/31F and was a sunny beautiful day. I had a few hours this afternoon so I went to the beach hoping the sandy areas would be soft enough to dig, and they were down to about 4?, everywhere else is frozen hard including the forests. Was nice detecting in the warm sun. A few passers by told me another guy detects here but I managed a few things he missed. Hunted for about 2 hours on the beach and a volley ball court. Had to leave a few targets behind as it was frozen. Here is the beach and playground area. The lake in the background is frozen hard and there were a few ice skaters out there. There is also a nuke plant way in the background.
normal_schweinbeach.jpg

The sandy volley ball court.
normal_schweinvolley.jpg

Here?s all the finds including the trash. 3.72 Euros, 1.02 German Marks and $0.45 American clad. The musket ball lower right I found a few days ago in a German military training area used from the mid 1700s until 1945. Had a great day but I can?t wait till spring! HH, Mike
normal_24Jan06finds.jpg

Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice Mike, Is that a roosevelt. Great finds or not it's just good to get out in Jan. You must be a die hard hunter like myself. We could wait but don't. It's like a natural high. Get out and get your fix. I know when a few weeks go by this might sound crazy but I love the smell of that fresh dirt when you cut the first couple plugs.

HH Jer

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather is looking pretty nice there to do some digging....Just a matter of time until that gold ring shows up in you sand scoop.......With a little luck and some persistance it will happen....Good Luck Seeker :D :D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll bet you almost broke out the lawn chair's with that weather Mike.Still hitting the mill's,hope so.Keep us posted and HH!!Thank's for the pic's and good luck.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Pretty nice haul for January,,, WTG!!!
Glad ya could get out. I've been out a few times this year, but nothing like last year.
I haven't been getting out unless it's at least 40 degrees, broke two diggers last year in the cold...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

P.S.> You could have went all day without mentioning that nuke plant... ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it was a nice day there!