token.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
did a Google search. Nothing definitive came up. PHG stands for Phladephia Graded (relates to thorougbred racing. Weber is also listed and stand for Weber Downs. PA is listed as Pennsylvania. I'm not sure if what you have found relates to thoroughbred racing at all or not, but try a Google search and take a look.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
The shape is a highly unusual one, and happens to be identical to that of a John Wanamaker dept. store, Philadelphia, PA "charge coin," an embossed metal tag which was a forerunner of the credit card, with the customer's ID or account number on it. This isn't a Wannamaker tag (unless it's been reworked) but it might be a "charge coin." I'd try matching up the initials on the front? "C. B. Co."? with listings in old (c. 1900-20) lbusiness directories for major cities in the area where you found it.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Neat tag. I live in pittsburgh p.a and that tag may originate from here. There were alot of race tracks in the area around the turn of the century. They were in the middle of neighborhoods. There was one in my area. Houses are now built on it but they named the street race st. PGH is the abreviation for pittsburgh. It may have come from this city.

Good Luck

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread