small find today. New to this site.

ringsandthings

Greenie
Feb 10, 2010
Brookings, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I went md for an hour after work and found....1/2 of a pot pipe. 4 dimes and 4 pennies. The oldest dime was 1967. I am using a White's xlt. The 83 dime rang like a solid quarter. The other 3 dimes were the usual brown tarnish color but the 83 was like aluminum color. Looking at the edge I could see both colors. I am new to this site.

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Welcome to Treasure Net, let me also be the first to say........... Pictures, pictures, pictures! :tongue3:

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet. This is a great place to learn the tricks of the trade. I've been at this for about 34 years and I still learn things on here. There's a lot of very smart and kind people on here that will be glad to give you advice if you need it. Congratulations on the finds. Oh, I'm not going to ask how you knew that was a pot pipe :wink: ;D

DANGLANGLEY

Kanyontreasures

Jan 13, 2010
idaho
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 3, whites bullseye ii
danget you found that i droped that in the 70s man i have ben looking for it ever since lol jk i was not alive then. lol welcome to tnet :laughing9:

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanyontreasures said:
danget you found that i droped that in the 70s man i have ben looking for it ever since lol jk i was not alive then. lol welcome to tnet :laughing9:

DOH!

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Welcome to Tnet and a wonderful hobby of metal detecting. Not bad for just starting out. The shiney dime was probably just lost not long ago. Just because it was an 83 doesn't mean it was lost then. If the ground was moist cold be the reason you got a quarter reading. The moisture makes metal put off like an metalic aura that makes objects seem larger then it is. I've had pennies that said they were a quarter after a rain. Keep a hunting and you'll be finding all kinds of goodies.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread