Gold Times Two

61willys

Jan 3, 2009
Central Ca.
Detector(s) used
whites mxt/ whites Prizm 4/505 and EyeBalls
:hello2:Wow what a weekend my wife and I went out friday night and we had a few minutes to kill so we Stopped at a playground before going to Dinner ,We were finding some Coins and stuff and I was doing alright trying to keep ahead of her...LOL
We always compete to see who finds the Most Money or Jewelry.
I was just edging ahead of her when I got a weird VDI#18
Not something I see often so I dig down just as a stranger walks up to see what We are looking for,I tell him u know Coins Kids drop and stuff but Mostly all these bottle caps and Pull tabs and Garbage, I had a pouch full by then...so I dig down and hes kinda looking away and i see a Gold Band Come up through the dirt...Man my heart was Pounding as I havent ever found gold Before...any way by the time the Guy looked back it was in my pocket... i said well More Junk and kept walking. He Kinda Lost interest and wandered over by the Fence so I looked at it real quick and saw 14k wow I was so excited,i called my wife over and said lets go to Dinner now...
We got in the Car and She told me it was 14k and that it just so happened to be her size....So I found it and lost it in the same day... but it fits her Perfect and she loves it...I finally caught her... you see she found her first gold two weeks ago a nice Gold Chain 22.6 grams to be exact. I had finally caught up to Her for that Necklace that she kept rubbing in my face...LOL
Any way today after church we went to a school we had never been to before and i had finished my side with Just 1 peeny found and She was losing interest in the place because she hadnt found much either so as i was Making one last swing by the Last swing set i see this weird vdi 0f 32 so I say ok Ill dig up another Pull tab and head for home and out pops another gold Band its 10k though and too big for my sweety but thats ok I will still Keep it...LOL she was Kinda Mad though that I had Jumped ahead in the race for the Gold...
Thanks for looking... we put her Necklace in the Picture too so She Could Crow too...God sure Blessed us the last couple weeks...

Attachments

• rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,091
Upvote 0
OP
OP
61willys

61willys

Jan 3, 2009
Central Ca.
Detector(s) used
another pic from better camera

Attachments

• rings 2.jpg
    rings 2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,073

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys did alright in the tot lots. I have never found gold or silver in a tot lot just clad coins.....Matt

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Very nicely done. Man, I need to start digging pull-tab and zinc penny signals - I've gotten into a really bad habit of just ignoring all the mid and low tones as I get them on every dang swing of the coil. I just listen for that oh so sweet high flutey silver tone.

Congrats!

Jim

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
Been detecting 2.5 years now and up till couple of months ago dug nothing but coins and silver tone ID, then I said to myself, self its about time you found a little gold! Over a hundred nickels and about 3lbs of ptabs later I am a proud owner of two nice 10kt gold rings!!!! Congrats and good luck out there!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, :icon_scratch:

According to the rules of competitive metal detecting. :read2: It goes by weight so your wife's 22g necklace is a lot heaver than your 12 grams of rings. :o So your wife is still ahead, oh well... :dontknow:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D

OP
OP
61willys

61willys

Jan 3, 2009
Central Ca.
Detector(s) used
i thought someone might say she was still ahead so i say its Gold found per outing not the weight of said Gold Object. Of Course she says its the weight that Matters...LOL...We are just so glad to have found gold that we are Too busy smiling to worry abourt the weight..BTW we had it weighed and checked at a local Pawn shop they offered us 254.00 for the Necklace I said no Thanks going to cherish the First GOLD we ever found FOREVER....Plus Chrissie(wife) gets to Rub it in...LOL :laughing7: ::)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Nice pieces of gold! One tip is if your camera has a macro turn it on and turn your flash off. That way you can get better close up pictures of the nice gold! :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job!!! I have found a 14k ring and a 14k earing hunting tot lots. :icon_pirat:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats to you both for recently getting your first gold, Very nice goodjob.gif Congrats on your
second too :laughing9:

Attachments

• goodjob.gif
    goodjob.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 708

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
You guys did alright in the tot lots. I have never found gold or silver in a tot lot just clad coins.....Matt
WOW. You folks had a great time. Congrats on the first gold. The only silver I ever found on a tot lot was a script 'M' from Avery. Just so happens my name is Mike........Signs, Signs, everywhere there's signs......

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time4me said:
Very nicely done. Man, I need to start digging pull-tab and zinc penny signals - I've gotten into a really bad habit of just ignoring all the mid and low tones as I get them on every dang swing of the coil. I just listen for that oh so sweet high flutey silver tone.

Congrats!

Jim
What will show up as a zinc penny besides a zinc penny? I have been passing over all zinc penny signals since only copper pennies can be worth anything.... I just hated to dig so hard for a zinc penny, the chemicals seem to really eat them up, whereas the copper pennies are usually in very good condition.
My MXT will point out copper pennies as 1 cent, or 10 cent/1 cent, but shows zinc pennies as just that. Should I be digging all of those?
Lord, hope I havent been passing up good treasure by ignoring zinc...

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oooops, forgot to say WTG on the great finds!!! Wish I could get my wife into MD'ing.... She says there is no way she could stay interested digging up all that garbage.. I am up to almost 40 lbs of the stuff since taking it back up 6 months...

OP
OP
61willys

61willys

Jan 3, 2009
Central Ca.
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the kind words. we really love this hobby. I know How Blessed I am to Have a wife who likes my Hobby as well as I Do
;D
Happy Hunting Go for the Gold
And USA All The way (OLYMPICS) :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• Ring 4.jpg
    Ring 4.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 410
  • Ring 4.jpg
    Ring 4.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 401

rogues71

May 9, 2009
mesa az
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
gratz on the gold and i know detectors have all these fancy controls but i cant stress enough to dig those pull tab signals

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread