OP
OP
Jaws2

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Fish-Gate said:
Very cool!!! Was it fresh or salt water?

Pacific Ocean in Cal

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
That's a tough coin to come by Jaws, land or sea. You're definitely hitting the right beaches this winter. :thumbsup:

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
Sounds like a good day!! Oh man, that is one nasty lookin beach toasted SLQ! Before anyone asks, hell yah I'd take it! :laughing7: Congrats man! :icon_thumright:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find for the beach how deep was it ? and what MD where you using Good hunt Jim

OP
OP
Jaws2

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Roadquest said:
Jaws2,

You got any idea the date on the Standing liberty quarter.

Roadquest :coffee2:

Not sure but if you look at the picture it looks like you can see a portion of the last number, maybe the back side of 7 or the inside of 6. The coin is still heavy and seems to be solid, just hard to see the detail.

OP
OP
Jaws2

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Deepdiger60 said:
cool find for the beach how deep was it ? and what MD where you using Good hunt Jim

My workhorse Sovereign GT. It was in an area that had major erosion from the storms we had in the past few weeks, it was two scopes say 12" to 15" in wet sand.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jaws2 said:
Deepdiger60 said:

My workhorse Sovereign GT. It was in an area that had major erosion from the storms we had in the past few weeks, it was two scopes say 12" to 15" in wet sand.
Thats what iam waiting for the next big storm out of the South big waves the beaches here need a good blow last year was quite lean not enough erosion the sand is piled to high ill be out there with my GT 30 miles of white sand beaches from Westhampton to Montauk Point and thousands of tourist Iam sending my GT to get a In-Sight Digital Display Joe can do the GT now :hello2:
http://home.comcast.net/~dtekt/In-Sight/update.htm Good Hunting

OP
OP
Jaws2

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Deepdiger60 said:
Jaws2 said:
Deepdiger60 said:

Thats what iam waiting for the next big storm out of the South big waves the beaches here need a good blow last year was quite lean not enough erosion the sand is piled to high ill be out there with my GT 30 miles of white sand beaches from Westhampton to Montauk Point and thousands of tourist Iam sending my GT to get a In-Sight Digital Display Joe can do the GT now :hello2:

Not sure why all you guy's are going for the Dig Display? Don't see a need for it myself.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jaws2 said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Jaws2 said:
Deepdiger60 said:

Not sure why all you guy's are going for the Dig Display? Don't see a need for it myself.
I guess its not really needed but it gives you a better idea what the target is more time to find the good stuff less time digging deep.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find!!! still on my list :P MR TUFF

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find.Those sure are hard to come by.....Matt

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Way to go on the toastie-looking SLQ!!! Electrolysis should help, but you should know that sometimes silver coins found in beach sand can come out pitted after using this method. I used electrolysis on a few mercs that I found in Malibu, which has quite a few pockets of black sand, and all but one came out pitted. While your coin looks pretty cool the way it is, I personally would take a chance on electrolysis. Just my opinion.

Great Find!

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions