Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the bluff today but didn't stay very long. Found the usual bullets and shells. In front of a cave I found the little rock. And I have a question..... how do you know if it is more that just a rock? I wanted to stay longer and hunt there but time was limited. We came home the back way and passed the big barn that I have a pic on the Charter Member forum. Lucky for me the owner was going down the road hauling hay and I waved at him till he turned the tractor off. I told him about my hobby and what I had been finding and I happen to have the shackles with me so I showed them to him. And then I asked..." Do you mind if..."! HAHA! The look I got from him was priceless!....but...he said YES! ;D Hopefully I can get over there next week!

Ya'll have a great weekend!

;)

Attachments

• 0128stuff.JPG
    0128stuff.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 518
  • barn01.JPG
    barn01.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 541
Upvote 0

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Nana! Hey, they can't say yes unless you ask! The house reminds me a lot of one I hunted several years ago. I was driving the back roads and saw it in the middle of a pasture. Then I saw a guy working on a fence near it. It was the first time I had asked a stranger permission to hunt but I stopped and started chatting with him. Turned out he knew my dad and quickly gave me permission. I hunted it several times and found my first merc, first indian heads (2) and many wheats. Later he sold the land to a company that owns a rock crusher nearby. They immediately tore the house down and then .... did nothing. What a waste. :'(

Kent

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dug around a few places like that and it's easy to get discouraged. There is so much junk it's frustrating to dig and dig and dig and dig and.....well you know. Anyway, if you stick with it youi will usually find something worthhwhile but it takes a lot of patience. Good luck, hope you find the goodies right off. Monty

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kent....I have VERY QUICKLY found that getting permission to hunt a property is much easier to gain if you know somebody...or even if you know somebody that knows somebody! :D

Monty.....that spot is very trying! But I'll give it a couple of hours if for nothing else but the view.

Thanks yall!

;)

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Just the view of that site is a treasure to behold. WTG on getting permission to hunt.
Those shackels are a good luck charm. Best of luck to ya! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread