The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are a ton of parks in my neighborhood - none older than 20 years or so.? Strange thing though, found a 1948 penny.? I guess you never know.? About 2 hours in 3 different parks...mostly chipped wood and sand areas.

I had the DFX set up accepting VDI 5 and above, multi-mode and VCO on. I don't use tone ID much, especially with multi-mode on - get a solid tone and look at the display. It ran real smooth and correctly ID'd most targets. It seemed to run smoother and more consistently than the XLT (non-E series) I had.

Attachments

• 1_29_06_Finds.jpg
    1_29_06_Finds.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0
R

rb

Re: At least I got out and DFX dialed in...

Nice haul for the day keep up the good work..HH RB

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out again yesterday afternoon to another park...tons of people everywhere! Early morning is definitely the time to go. I ended up hunting around an outdoor basketball court getting buzzed by kids on bikes. I found a few coins and a lot of old style pull tabs. I did spot two football/soccer fields hidden in the woods and not visible to the road. I'm going to try to hit them early in the AM some time this week...using the utmost care on the grass, of course - probe, or coin popper, a flap if necessary.

This brings up a question: I haven't done much grass detecting. Has anyone ever seen the "flap", or "trap-door" method cause any damage?

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Beep,

nice group of finds, sounds like you have been getting out a lot.

Hope the weather holds for you.

have a good un........

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice dig's Beep...look's like you cleaned house.What is the piece next to and to the right of the 48D,some kinda "broach" or something?Keep at it and HH!!

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey All - Thanks for the replies? :)

NE Hunter -> Yeah, I was surprised at the size of some of the items...miniscule (less than 1/8") pieces of foil, etc.? That's if you don't discriminate them out, of course.

Civilman -> That gold-looking item with the "diamonds" was the first thing I found near the park's playsets.? I was psyched for about a quarter of a second...it's a metallic top to some type of toy container...maybe to a girls jewelery box...not really sure.

Thanks for looking and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread