trash, clad, wheaties, mercury and a half dime this weekend(w pics)

WV_Detecting

Oct 24, 2005
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I normally don't post my finds but I am pretty excited about my half dime.? I only got a couple hours to hunt over the weekend but it paid off, I dug my butt off for the short times I hunted.? I was working a yard that has produced a silver dollar, a few indian cents, and several wheaties...dug the merc and several bullets.? Walked about 50 meters toward the back of the yard and listened to all the various "trash" noises, finally settled on one so I could get an idea as to what kind of trash was present, ie old or new and out pops the half dime at about 6 inches, I could have sworn it was a play coin, holed but oh well Ill take it ;D no signal was safe after that as you can see from the pics but it didn't pay off any more...today that is.? The pictures are the best I can manage, merc is 1920(no mark) and half dime is 1851 (no mark apparent) which is now my oldest coin, beating out the 1874 seated dime I found a few years back.? wheats aren't pictured, soaking to get crud off, pretty black and be my guest figuring out what half the junk is and I threw away a good hand full of tabs, wire and scrap metal to give you an idea of the effort I put in.? Thanks for looking

Attachments

• finds 003.jpg
    finds 003.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 389
  • finds 004.jpg
    finds 004.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 383
  • finds012906front.jpg
    finds012906front.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 383
  • finds012906back.jpg
    finds012906back.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: trash, clad, wheaties, mercury and a half dime this weekend

Sound's like some good find's but would be better if we had some pic's.....Happen's to us all!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the half dime! I still haven't found one in 15 years of trying.....

HH,

Jeff

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds WV!

Wow! I would have been diggin all day too if I had found that!

Congrats! ;)

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Nice going. Sounds like a real promising site.

I remember finding mine and thinking "What is this small thing?" not a silver dime...

just a half dime.

Considerably one of my favorite finds.

A

AK in KY

Congrads on the finds. Those Half Dimes are really cool. I have one and could not believe how small they are. HH

AK in KY

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice finds, WTG!!!
I have found only one half-dime, and when I found it, I thought it was play money at first... ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
WV_Detecting

WV_Detecting

Oct 24, 2005
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks all, they have cleaned up quite well...my pop-in-law has hit the site since and found 1928 liberty quarter about 50' away, can't wait to get back. There appears to be an old walkway in the general vicinity with steps leading over a highly overgrown and steep hill and by steep I mean almost vertical.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread