My first Confederate button of the year today. UPDATE One of less than 10 known

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Found this today very light cleaning thinking of sending it off for repair what do you guys think.

Update: have now found that this is a very rare Confederate Georgia button may be less than 10
known. Even less than that in this vest 19mm size. Still collecting info on it. Called a Floating Georgia button.
Thanks for looking and all your thoughts and post.

Jason

Attachments

• IMGP0005.JPG
    IMGP0005.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,911
  • IMGP0006.JPG
    IMGP0006.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,904
Upvote 0

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My first Confederate button of the year today. UPDATE One of less than 10 kn

Silver Surfer said:
How much is something like that worth (and not "whatever someone will pay for it.. LOL).... Ballpark figure of course...

The problem is that's the truth! I found a button that was under 10 known and the best offer was double the 2nd... so I don't think anyone can shoot a close figure unless they can quote a few recent sales. If I was a CW hunter I'm pretty sure it would not be worth enough for me to sell.

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok? why dont' I see this button up top on the banner....I dont' get it....I see awesome stuff just overlooked...

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
As far as the going on TV with your find just remember the old saying ...."loose lips sink ships" I would get real quite real fast myself

mho
Slipperyjack47

kyphote

Jan 12, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to re-address this button and bring it back to the top. According to Tice, there are only two known examples--one in a museum and the other in a private collection. This is a truly significant find and deserves a second glance by the TN community. Please consider this for the banner.

Jason: have you taken this to an expert? My thanks for any updates. Congratulations again.

ID = Albert's GA 6 and Tice GA215Am1

Dirtfish

Dec 27, 2009
#*&%!
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500 , Ace 250
I highly discourage any altering or repair of this or any relics.It will only decrease it's historical value.It is a part of our American history in the condition that it is in now.If you alter or repair it then it is no longer historically as significant.Conservation is the proper way to go.We cannot create a certain point in our history but one time.Quite frankly , I cringe when I hear of someone wire brushing or using harsh acids or detergents to clean a relic.Once you damage it , it is usually permanent.If you are uncertain of how to conserve a certain relic then their are plenty of reputable sites that offer correct & non destructive methods of conservation.Or , you can hire a pro to conserve it for you.Just my two cents.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This should also be in Best of Treasure Net Forum! Congrats and my Banner Vote is In! :notworthy:

Spiritwind

Feb 11, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Tesoro
Hi, my wife found a Georgia seal button. It has the face pushed in and it came apart. The back is in excellent shape and says Ames Sword Company, Chicopee, Mass.
I would be glad to post a pic as soon as someone can tell me how to get the pics the right size. It keeps telling me my pics are too big. Help me out show I can show mine off,,he,,he,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread