Finds from the last week and overnight road trip: silver, wheats, etc

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hello everybody, sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I have been super busy with school and have barely had time to detect, much less post. Figure I would catch up now while I have the time. This year so far has not been the year of the silver coin, but my brother and I have steadily been producing wheaties. The first picture is of 5 wheats and a silver necklace from three different sites in our area. The years of the wheats are: 194?s, 1942s, 1944s, 1945s, and 1958D. The necklace is stamped 925 Italy and is our first silver chain/necklace so that was a fun find. Unfortunately I broke it when trying to untie a kink in the chain :( , oh well not that big of a deal. Then last night(friday) my Dad, brother and I drove down to Portland to do some detecting on saturday. We started at an older homesite in Vancouver, Wa and after finding 3 wheats, 2 tax tokens, and an older toy plane we decided to move to a new location. We headed to an old park which produced only one wheat penny in probably 1.5-2 hours of searching, and we then decided to start working our way north towards Seattle to go home. We stopped in Centralia on the way back where my brother found a wheat and tax token in the same hole, and I found this silver earring. Unfortunately it is not marked, but it came out of the ground untarnished, rang up like silver, and is fairly heavy. So as they say if it looks like and sounds like silver, it probably is. Anyways the years on the 5 wheats from today are 1935s, 1942, 1944s x2, and 1947s. It was a pretty fun day to hang with my family, but it is strange that we have found 27 wheat pennies and no silver coins so far this year :dontknow:, anyways we look to change that soon. Hope you are all having a good time, stay warm you east coasters!

-Washingtonian

Attachments

• Vanc1.jpg
    Vanc1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 459
  • Vanc2.jpg
    Vanc2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 481
  • Vanc3.jpg
    Vanc3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 455
  • Vanc4.jpg
    Vanc4.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 464
  • Vanc5.jpg
    Vanc5.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 458
  • Vanc6.jpg
    Vanc6.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 458
  • Vanc7.jpg
    Vanc7.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 452
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to see your gettin out to hunt. Congrats on all the great finds. With digs like that, the silver coins are right around the corner for ya.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep Plug pulling and the silver will come !! You still have some nice finds! I dug one of those Washinton state tax tokens here in Maine last summer ! Did they make alot of those ?? MaineRelic.

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Road trips are a lot fun. I know what you mean about the wheaties this year. I've found 13 or 14 so far myself already which is a lot faster pace than any other year for me. However, not 1 silver coin yet. I am also on record pace for silver rings too. I would still like to find more coins though. Keep at it, I'm sure they'll show up.

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
MaineRelic said:
Keep Plug pulling and the silver will come !! You still have some nice finds! I dug one of those Washinton state tax tokens here in Maine last summer ! Did they make alot of those ?? MaineRelic.

I don't know specifically how many were made but they are pretty common. I have found a few dozen in the last few years, and they are very common to find in 30s-50s type areas around here. Still a fun find and better than trash or clad though!

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya wheats are producing ,but silver is still killin me, I think I need to head your way this year towards Auburn, Port Orhard, Lake Stevens and and mt vernon hasnt given me any, Nice plane looks like the one I pulled last week

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Love the silver necklace! Sorry, I couldn't hunt last week, have to much stuff going on with school. Studied for a test which took 3 hours. Good luck on hunting! :thumbsup:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you keep finding the wheaties like thatyou will start getting the silver. Keep it up.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread