Kinda treasures

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
Well I went out today and bought a couple of new coils for my spectrum. I got a 24 inch...not sure why..just got a pretty good deal on it, and a 5 inch coil. I tried out the five incher and its pretty cool. It really helps break down trash and I am getting better signals. It was really to dark when I tried it but I think Ill find some good stuff with it tomorrow.

Saber

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
S,

nothing like new toys :)

Keep us posted on how they work out for you.

What is the weight on that 24 inch coil? Big un.

have a good un....

OP
OP
sabertooth

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
Not sure what the 24 is all about yet. Suppose to get some crazy depth. We were talking about the weight today when I bought it. Its just a lil over 1 lb. Not to bad. Guess I need to find me a battle field or 2 to hunt.... I went out to my moms house today I posted about it before. Built in 1875..I have yet to find anything good at it...but I am sure something will turn up sooner or later. i have pullled up about 20 old ball canning jar zinc lids with the white seal.... Any of you all ever used a 24 inch coil before?
Saber

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope you can pinpoint with it.
I have trouble pinpointing with a 10" coil.
Should get good depth though. May not work too well on small targets.
Let us know what kind of depth you can get with it.
HH.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Saber,

if I pulled up 20 some canning lids and inserts I would put down the detector and start
doing some digging. Could be your pulling up metal from an old bottle dump.

Check out the area you found them in; the white porcelain inserts have been a dead
giveaway for me on several dumps.

have a good un.................

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
WOW a 24 inch.Sounds like fun.You said you have an XLT.Should pinpoint ok.I got the 15'' blue max for Xmas but cant use it till spring.driving me nuts.You also said something about a house built in the 1870s.
My place was built right around then.The sod on my lawn at most points goes down about a foot.I think most of the coins in my yard have sunk all the way to that point.
Why i say this is because all the silver i have found in my yard is a the bottom of the sod
Right on top of the hard clay.
I hope this 15'' coil will help me find more deeper targets

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread