Not sure who got the Gold mine, But I got the shaft

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
The weather was a little chilly, but nice and sunny. Felt good. Ground was nice for digging. Went to old home site and detect it some more. Didn't find anything real great. I did find a gear, a button (snap type), a metal valve stem, a small piece of some kind of metal, a shaft or crank for old tractor or car, and a big rock (not sure if it might of been used as a hammer or not). Plus the usual scrap. Nails, pieces of metal, shot gun end caps, and soda cans. Only out for a couple of hours, but had fun.
Thanks for looking.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

Attachments

• finds2-28.jpg
    finds2-28.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 756
  • rock.jpg
    rock.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 746
  • shaft.jpg
    shaft.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 742
Upvote 0

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at least you got out for awhile, i was out yesterday for 4 hours, got some clad and partner found a few mercs. boy am i sore today.

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Send me a bit of your chill, KW :D It's getting too sunny here. I was nearly BBQ'ed while detecting.
Dig out everything. Today it is a shaft tomorrow it will be a gold mine.

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
marinedad said:
at least you got out for awhile, i was out yesterday for 4 hours, got some clad and partner found a few mercs. boy am i sore today.
Yes marinedad I did and it felt good. Not much coinage at this site. Found 1 indian and 2 wheaties. Probably hit the park Tuesday evening for a bit.
VOL1266-X said:
You did OK KW!!! Just mark it down as "paying the dues" and tuning up for coin season. HH, Quindy.
Thank you Qundy. My coin season usually around July just after the fair. Tho hoping to get out more this year to some other places.
tuatara said:
Send me a bit of your chill, KW :D It's getting too sunny here. I was nearly BBQ'ed while detecting.
Dig out everything. Today it is a shaft tomorrow it will be a gold mine.
Tuatara, you can have all my chills you want. Tire of it. :laughing7: I pretty much hunted all the good signals.. So pretty much going for the all signals now. I know most of them are nails or pieces of metal. And wanting to get there right after they plow it. Hoping it might turn up more or get down in the groves and go deeper.
HH all

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Days like that really makes you appreciate the good days.
Dman

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With out the bad days there would be no good days ! All part of this crazy, addicting hobby !! MaineRelic.

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Dman said:
Days like that really makes you appreciate the good days.
Dman
MaineRelic said:
With out the bad days there would be no good days ! All part of this crazy, addicting hobby !! MaineRelic.
I hear ya there Dman and MaineRelic. But l did have fun and that is all that counts in my book. I did find that button, gear and cool rock. So not a total lost.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions