Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone , I'm looking for some help. I have had my Whites M6 for about a year now and would like to try out the "beach mode ". I have only used it twice at the beach and didn't have much luck . What is the best way to use this mode? SENS , DISC... any tips would be great !! :thumbsup:
Thank you any info,
Glen in San Jose , California

Upvote 0

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
I use the MXT. Rarely do beach hunting, but when I do I use my little 5.3" coil.
I enjoy relic hunting mostly with my 14" DD in relic mode . I have hearing lose and find that two tones in relic simplify things for me.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glen, start with the DISC at or just below 1. Set the SENS as close to 100 without it giving the overload signal.

Keep in mind that you will be digging pull tabs with the DISC set at 1 but that is also where you need to be if you want to score the gold.

Best of luck, we expect pics :icon_thumleft:

habs

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had my M6 at the beach last summer and it worked well in the beach setting but...away from the water. It screamed if I got near the waters edge. Any time it touched of the wet sand or sea water, it just screamed....!!!!!!!! In fresh water in Ohio it worked fine.

You can turn the sensitivity down some and that may work better but my mode is NO discrimination and max sensitivity. Those settings work great and I miss nothing. I asked Whites and they said running in max mode is no problem and it does not run the battery down. I get a long time on my batteries.

SKD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread