John H Morgan Confederate Camp, Union Camp Overlaying Colonial Site

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Over a three hunt period, VOL1266X and I hunted a Union camp, a Confederate camp, and then another Union camp that is overlaying a colonial site. The first picture is my finds from the first Union camp. There I found three .58 caliber bullets, one Merrill carbine bullet, and one underwear button. This camp was on a very steep hill and we were only there for a couple of hours. The second hunt was at John H Morgan's Confederate camp. The area that we hunted was either a rest stop on an old road leading to the camp or a picket post. I found a small buckle and I am not sure what it was used for. I believe it may have been off a pack; but, if anyone else has an idea, please let me know. We have found spoons, knives, scissors, and dropped bullets in the area. VOL found a cuff link at that site. The second picture contains the items I found from that site. The final picture is from our March 1st hunt. We started at a Union camp that we had hunted numerous times before. We climbed an adjacent hill next to the camp, where we had found dropped .69 caliber bullets before. I found three flat buttons and the end of a pewter spoon. None of the buttons have back marks on them. I also found a small rectangular piece of brass. I don't know what it is and I was hoping someone familiar with Colonial sites would be able to tell me what it is. I also found a couple of round pistol balls. Thanks for looking.
Dman

Attachments

• DSC01047.JPG
    DSC01047.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 967
  • DSC01049.JPG
    DSC01049.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 980
  • DSC01050.JPG
    DSC01050.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 983
Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
jdsarasin8194 said:
Nice finds :icon_thumright:
Can you get a good closeup of the coins?

I think he said they were flat buttons.

Nice assortment of lead, :icon_thumright:

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Very awsome finds Dman. Looks like we can say you got the lead out (of the ground) :laughing7:
That buckle looks nice.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those good sites still have relics for our FISHER F75s to find (not SE)-LOL. I would rather find CW relics than Colonial but it's something to do. Nice going OLD buddy!!! Let's go tomorrow!!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I LOVE sites that overlap! :tongue3: Last year we found an early one that was French, British, and American spread over 2 fields. It was great day digging!

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Yup, you guys are definitely swinging over Colonial ground! I see a killer Colonial relic coming out very soon!

L

lovedigging

Doug, Way to go buddy!!! Look's like you and Quindy are doing well down there...

OldNorthwest

Sep 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Minelab Exporer SE
Wow, sounds like a great place to hunt. Nice finds!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dman, Dman, Dman,
Some nice relics there, and I'm not talking about Quindy either. :tongue3: :thumbsup:
You two never come home empty handed. Congrats,
Doug #2

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And here I thought Merrill's were shoes! :tongue3: :D OH wait...that's Merrell. ;D

Super finds, Burt! :icon_pirat: You two are doin' some serious diggin' up there! :icon_thumright:

Nana :)

OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
ModernMiner said:
Dman, Dman, Dman,
Some nice relics there, and I'm not talking about Quindy either. :tongue3: :thumbsup:
You two never come home empty handed. Congrats,
Doug #2
We have been lucky this year. Q does come back empty headed sometimes. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread