Blue button - Amethyst bracelet top - odds and ends

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Went to old homesite. Found a plastic blue button on top of the ground. I found what looks like the top piece to of a bracelet, it has fancy deco on sides and an Amethyst gem in the center. Odd and end things are piece with slit, I think it's off silverware or knife. A piece of button back or cover, no writing on it. Melted lead and a round lead shot. Two shotgun caps, big tall one has UMC Co. No. 10, the other has Remington UMC No. 12 NEW CLUB, and small cal. shell with a U on the end. 2 cultivator pieces. Metal ring, odd piece of metal with two rivits, piece of glass with leaf on it. and Piec with two holes and slots ( maybe hormonica reef). And usual nails and bits of junk metal. Thanks for looking.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello:
KW

Attachments

• finds 3-3-10.jpg
    finds 3-3-10.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 550
  • gem.jpg
    gem.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 541
  • plow.jpg
    plow.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 542
  • odd.jpg
    odd.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 542
  • shells.jpg
    shells.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 547
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neat finds :icon_thumleft: cool endstamp to throw on the pile ;D MR TUFF

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
The iron piece with the rivets is to a tin pot or bucket. The rivets went into the side of the bucket or pot and the end of the handle went through the hole of the piece you dug. The brass piece is part of a harmonica plate the held the reeds.

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Hi KW,

Neat piece of older jewellery :icon_thumright: Keep pulling out everything from that site and watch out for treasure. Once I left a 'plastic' bracelet behind. Now I know that some bakelite bracelets have the same value or more with gold ones.

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Mr Tuff said:
neat finds :icon_thumleft: cool endstamp to throw on the pile ;D MR TUFF
Thank you Mr Tuff, I'm getting a lot that probably wind up in a pile someday.
vayank54 said:
The iron piece with the rivets is to a tin pot or bucket. The rivets went into the side of the bucket or pot and the end of the handle went through the hole of the piece you dug. The brass piece is part of a harmonica plate the held the reeds.
Thank you vayank54. I never even thought of bucket or pot. Who knows. Might of came off an old potty pot. I kind of figured the brass thing was from a homonica. I seen others posted here.
tuatara said:
Hi KW,

Neat piece of older jewellery :icon_thumright: Keep pulling out everything from that site and watch out for treasure. Once I left a 'plastic' bracelet behind. Now I know that some bakelite bracelets have the same value or more with gold ones.
Thank you tautara. It's getting down to start digging everything. Not many good signals. Just faint good ones that are there then not. What blowing my mind is, I"m getting signals in discriminating mode, then check in all metal and nothing. I figure it a deep find. Did a shovel full out check the clod and it is there. All metal mode might pick it up then. Usually turns out to be darn nails. Grrrr.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice finds. That is part of a harmonica reed. Congrats.
Dman

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KW, the plow point is from a plow used to "layoff' rows for planting after the land is turned by a turning plow. We call that plow a "Rastus" In Tennessee. The iron piece to the right of that one is a mower section. Mower sections sound better than they should because of the triangle shape. Hunt that spot hard!! Good luck, Quindy.

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
VOL1266-X said:
KW, the plow point is from a plow used to "layoff' rows for planting after the land is turned by a turning plow. We call that plow a "Rastus" In Tennessee. The iron piece to the right of that one is a mower section. Mower sections sound better than they should because of the triangle shape. Hunt that spot hard!! Good luck, Quindy.
Thank you Quindy. I should of remembered the mower blade. It has been a while since I been around one. It use too be a Hay field. I plan on hunting hard, weather suppose to be nice the next few days.
Dman said:
Nice finds. That is part of a harmonica reed. Congrats.
Dman
Thanks Dman. That is what I thought it was part of. I might find the rest of it depending on where the plow drug it off to.
september said:
Nice finds! :icon_thumright:
Thanks september.
HH all.
KW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread