A few more civil war relics today

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
I got out for a few hours to one of my favorite "dug out" spots. I got an eagle button, kepi buckle, 2 brass pack rivets, a glass button that was in a hole with a nail, 2 sharps, .44 colt and a smashed Burnsides casing with another piece of brass shoved up on the end. The only thing that read good was the Burnsides casing. The ground in this area is extemely bad and not much reads good. It is one of those spots where knowing your machine pays off. I also dug about 20 nails that fooled me but heck I rather dig those and get some relics than not dig anything

Attachments

• 3410.jpg
    3410.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 534
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Relics! I am starting to learn that I should dig almost everything or I tend to miss things. Good advice and very nice hunt. Thanks for sharin.
TnMtns

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs vayank.:icon_thumleft: Glad you're getting out....arm must be doing OK?

HH

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice CW finds :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, were heading out tomorrow, hopefully I have a good a day as you did.

OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys.
My arm is a lot better still some purple places and swelling in my forearm but it is on the mend.
I don't dig everything but listen to the response of my machine to the metal more than I rely on any discriminator.
Yeah I might dig more iron than a lot of people but I come out with stuff that has been missed too. :thumbsup:
I hope everyone has a great year of digging this year.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. I like that pretty green patina on the kepi buckle...really makes it stand out :wink: :wink: Congrats

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
Nice digs. I like that pretty green patina on the kepi buckle...really makes it stand out :wink: :wink: Congrats

I agree with Josh. Great looking buckle. :thumbsup: Congrats on some nice CW relics VA.
I also wanted to say you've been a big help to me and other here on TN with IDing relics. You are an asset to this site. Thanks.
-MM-

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice CW finds. I like finding buttons.
Congrats.
Dman

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds. You are right in that you must dig every target when relic hunting. You never know what it is going to be until it is recovered.

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW check out that mint chocolate chip buckle! .. ;D

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You made some very nice finds VY. Those Sharps have a very nice patina. You must have dug them in level, well drained land. The green field patina on the kepi looks sharp. WTG & HH, Quindy.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You always get at least one button! :thumbsup:Glad to hear the arm is better!

OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Actually that stuff came from a swampy area. As fast as I would open a hole it would fill with water. It's mainly good sized pines and cedars. The bullets that come out of there always looks nice but lots of times the brass is in bad shape. I've dug buttons there that the faces crumble apart as soon as you get them out of the ground.

Yeah Kuger. I've been told that if there was one eagle button in a 100 acre field I'd find it but I've also been told that if that same field was full of confederate buttons and that one eagle I would still find the eagle button :'(

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
Actually that stuff came from a swampy area. As fast as I would open a hole it would fill with water. It's mainly good sized pines and cedars. The bullets that come out of there always looks nice but lots of times the brass is in bad shape. I've dug buttons there that the faces crumble apart as soon as you get them out of the ground.

Yeah Kuger. I've been told that if there was one eagle button in a 100 acre field I'd find it but I've also been told that if that same field was full of confederate buttons and that one eagle I would still find the eagle button :'(
[/quote
HA!HA!I feel your pain,I feel your pain!!!!If I want something as simple as a Eagle button (They are not really common in my parts)it will take me months,sometimes years to get my first,then they come regularly,Seated quarters, eagle buttons,chinese locks etc. etc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions