Clad+wheats+PAPARAZZI (UPDATE, I made it in the paper!)
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Jan 2009
    Amarillo
    Garrett GTI 2500
    5 times

Clad+wheats+PAPARAZZI (UPDATE, I made it in the paper!)

Well guys I hate to brag but it was 65 degrees here today!!! So what did I do? You know.

So here's the story.
    I wasn't there but ten minutes and had dug a few clad when I got a pretty good signal. Not silver....but good. So I dig my plug and bend down to retrieve my find. I then see out of the corner of my eye someone walking up to me. I think "great a hobo" they hang around all over this park. I look up and it's this short dude with cameras and cases hanging off him all over. I didn't know what to think. He said hi....I said hi. I noticed that he was wearing a badge from our local newspaper. He asked if I minded if he took some pictures of me while I "did my thing." Being the shy guy that I am I said SURE no problem! He said he was just driving by and saw me and thought he would stop to see what I was doing. Well back to my find: I pull out a 1944 d wheat. This guy just thought it was the coolest thing. He starts going crazy taking pictures of me and the coin. he followed me around for about five minutes asking me question and taking all kinds of pictures. I found a quarter and a couple penny's but nothing else good while he was there. He got my contact info in case his boss had more questions for me. I told him to call me anytime. Now, I realize that it would probably have to be a pretty slow news day for any of this to actually be published in our local paper, but I'll be watching the papers and if it does show up I'll post in on here.

The rest of the hunt was pretty uneventful. I found another wheat-1920 d, my machine said it was 5 inches deep. Found a "whatsit" token that I'm posting in that forum. I also got one heck of a sunburn on the back of my neck. But I'll take it if it means sunny days!

HH everybody.

TG

(UPDATE)
    Well I kinda forgot about this till one of my friends saw it and told me. Not much but was more then I was expecting so I think it's pretty cool. And no, when the reporter asked me my name I didn't say Texasgopher. I did that little bit of professional looking photoshopping myself! I also had a drastic haircut since this picture.

TG

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TGnews.jpg 
Views:	646 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	385313
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0270.JPG 
Views:	1145 
Size:	347.0 KB 
ID:	382826   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0273.JPG 
Views:	1144 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	382827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0274.JPG 
Views:	1150 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	382828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0279.JPG 
Views:	1146 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	382829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0287.JPG 
Views:	1145 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	382830  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0288.JPG 
Views:	1129 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	382831   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0289.JPG 
Views:	1113 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	382832   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0291.JPG 
Views:	1121 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	382833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0292.JPG 
Views:	1117 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	382834  
    You can't find what you don't look for.

us
    Sep 2005
    Puget Sound
    Minelab CTX 3030, Whites DFX
    10151 times
    Metal Detecting

Re: Clad+wheats+PAPARAZZI

Haha that's too funny, I haven't had the paparazzi come after me yet so I am fortunate. I would love to hear the follow up

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    185 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

good going on that old wheatie !!
    ALLEN

us
    Nov 2008
    NW NJ
    White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
    61 times

Congrats on the wheaties and clad, nice pics !

TommNJ

us
    Jan 2010
    idaho
    whites prizm 3, whites bullseye ii

cool have you seen your self yet lol

us
    Aug 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
    47 times

Great... another "dirt diva"...next you'll be posting your riders like NO green M&Ms while MD'ing.

All joking aside...what a fun day!

HH,
    Tori

us
    Jan 2009
    Amarillo
    Garrett GTI 2500
    5 times

Thanks for the replies! Checked the paper this morning. Nothing yet. I really doubt it gets in but I will keep watching the paper just in case! HH

TG

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8479 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

New found fame comes with a price . Good luck and nice digs.
    TnMtns
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    May 2007
    Western Colorado
    335 times

I am sooooo glad it was you and not me.
    I think I would have told em where to go
    If there was any confusion I would have drawn a map.
    "Everybody dies"
    "But not everybody lives."

us
    May 2009
    Texas
    Garrett Ace 250
    10 times

Hah, right on, man! Has there been a print of this yet, to your knowledge? I should grab a globe news and look for it. That's pretty cool.
    "You revere me; but what if your reverence tumbles one day?  Beware lest a statue slay you! -Nietzsche

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    138 times
    History, Metal Detecting, and Survival & Self-Sufficiency

Heh, that's pretty cool bro... you made some nice finds, and you were able to tell others about what we do! Sounds like a great day!!
    Gettin' some sun just sounded like the icing on the cake. Speaking of, I'm gonna head to the beach and try to do the same. 8)
    Hey, you should come up to the hunt we're having in Caldwell, Kansas in May... there's some other Texas detectorists coming up as well I believe.
    Here's the link...
    http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...,291699.0.html

Bran <><
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

us
    Jan 2009
    Amarillo
    Garrett GTI 2500
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonMinus
    Hah, right on, man! Has there been a print of this yet, to your knowledge? I should grab a globe news and look for it. That's pretty cool.
    Hey thanks man! Have you been able to get out any lately?

TG

us
    Jan 2009
    Amarillo
    Garrett GTI 2500
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by godisnum1
    Heh, that's pretty cool bro... you made some nice finds, and you were able to tell others about what we do! Sounds like a great day!!
    Gettin' some sun just sounded like the icing on the cake. Speaking of, I'm gonna head to the beach and try to do the same. 8)
    Hey, you should come up to the hunt we're having in Caldwell, Kansas in May... there's some other Texas detectorists coming up as well I believe.
    Here's the link...

Bran <><
    Wow that sounds like a lot of fun!!! Are you really going to drive the 21 hours? Man I would love to I just don't know what I'll be doing. My schedule is pretty volatile and can change on at the last minute sometimes. But I will definitely have to think about it! I would love to meet some fellow T-netters. Judging from your responces to many posts I have read we would probably see eye-to-eye on several things. Thanks for the reply!

TG

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    138 times
    History, Metal Detecting, and Survival & Self-Sufficiency

Quote Originally Posted by Texasgopher
    Quote Originally Posted by godisnum1
    Here's the link...

Bran <><
    Wow that sounds like a lot of fun!!! Are you really going to drive the 21 hours? Man I would love to I just don't know what I'll be doing. My schedule is pretty volatile and can change on at the last minute sometimes. But I will definitely have to think about it! I would love to meet some fellow T-netters. Judging from your responces to many posts I have read we would probably see eye-to-eye on several things. Thanks for the reply!

TG
    Yep, it's alot of fun!! Well, driving would be a last case scenario. I used to drive back & forth from Saint Petersburg, FL to Springfield, MO (where I went to college) all the time and I really hate that drive... especially by myself! I know what you mean though... that's normally how my schedule is too. I ended up coming to the last hunt VERY last minute while I was up at college. But I was really glad I did! It was great getting to put faces with all the people I've talked to over the years.

Well if you're able to make it, you'll definitely not regret it!! I'm still trying my hardest to figure out my plans to come up there. Hopefully I'll fly to Springfield, and then either drive over with my girlfriend or one of the ladies from the forums (Gypsyheart) We'll see what happens. Anyway, hope to see you there!

Bran <><
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

us
    May 2009
    Texas
    Garrett Ace 250
    10 times

Re: Clad+wheats+PAPARAZZI (UPDATE, I made it in the paper!)

Quote Originally Posted by Texasgopher
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonMinus
    Hey thanks man! Have you been able to get out any lately?

TG
    Hey, nice update and cool pic. I bet a ton of old people (who this hobby is stereotyped to) saw this, cut it out, and got motivated to go hunting. Did you notice any more hunters than usual after this 'advertisement'? Just curious. But yeah, I bet you have a framed copy now too, hah. I haven't gotten out lately, sadly, even the weather is starting to beg for it again, but soon, man, very soon. Congrats again on the recognition, and therefore local-validation of the hobby, that's a win for us, man!
    "You revere me; but what if your reverence tumbles one day?&nbsp; Beware lest a statue slay you! -Nietzsche

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links