Clad+wheats+PAPARAZZI (UPDATE, I made it in the paper!)

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Well guys I hate to brag but it was 65 degrees here today!!! So what did I do? You know.

So here's the story.
I wasn't there but ten minutes and had dug a few clad when I got a pretty good signal. Not silver....but good. So I dig my plug and bend down to retrieve my find. I then see out of the corner of my eye someone walking up to me. I think "great a hobo" they hang around all over this park. I look up and it's this short dude with cameras and cases hanging off him all over. I didn't know what to think. He said hi....I said hi. I noticed that he was wearing a badge from our local newspaper. He asked if I minded if he took some pictures of me while I "did my thing." Being the shy guy that I am I said SURE no problem! He said he was just driving by and saw me and thought he would stop to see what I was doing. Well back to my find: I pull out a 1944 d wheat. This guy just thought it was the coolest thing. He starts going crazy taking pictures of me and the coin. he followed me around for about five minutes asking me question and taking all kinds of pictures. I found a quarter and a couple penny's but nothing else good while he was there. He got my contact info in case his boss had more questions for me. I told him to call me anytime. Now, I realize that it would probably have to be a pretty slow news day for any of this to actually be published in our local paper, but I'll be watching the papers and if it does show up I'll post in on here.

The rest of the hunt was pretty uneventful. I found another wheat-1920 d, my machine said it was 5 inches deep. Found a "whatsit" token that I'm posting in that forum. I also got one heck of a sunburn on the back of my neck. But I'll take it if it means sunny days!

HH everybody.

TG

(UPDATE)
Well I kinda forgot about this till one of my friends saw it and told me. Not much but was more then I was expecting so I think it's pretty cool. And no, when the reporter asked me my name I didn't say Texasgopher. I did that little bit of professional looking photoshopping myself! :laughing7: I also had a drastic haircut since this picture.

TG

TGnews.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 1,174
  • IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,154
  • IMG_0291.JPG
    IMG_0291.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,155
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,143
  • IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,159
  • IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,181
  • IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,179
  • IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,186
Upvote 0

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Re: Clad+wheats+PAPARAZZI

Haha that's too funny, I haven't had the paparazzi come after me yet so I am fortunate. I would love to hear the follow up

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro

Congrats on the wheaties and clad, nice pics !

TommNJ

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

Great... another "dirt diva"...next you'll be posting your riders like NO green M&Ms while MD'ing.

All joking aside...what a fun day!

HH,
Tori

OP
OP
Texasgopher

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

Thanks for the replies! Checked the paper this morning. Nothing yet. I really doubt it gets in but I will keep watching the paper just in case! HH

TG

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

New found fame comes with a price :icon_sunny:. Good luck and nice digs.
TnMtns

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

I am sooooo glad it was you and not me.
I think I would have told em where to go
If there was any confusion I would have drawn a map.

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Hah, right on, man! Has there been a print of this yet, to your knowledge? I should grab a globe news and look for it. That's pretty cool.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heh, that's pretty cool bro... you made some nice finds, and you were able to tell others about what we do! Sounds like a great day!!
Gettin' some sun just sounded like the icing on the cake. :icon_sunny: Speaking of, I'm gonna head to the beach and try to do the same. 8)
Hey, you should come up to the hunt we're having in Caldwell, Kansas in May... there's some other Texas detectorists coming up as well I believe.
Here's the link...
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,291699.0.html

Bran <><

OP
OP
Texasgopher

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

EpsilonMinus said:
Hah, right on, man! Has there been a print of this yet, to your knowledge? I should grab a globe news and look for it. That's pretty cool.

Hey thanks man! Have you been able to get out any lately?

TG

OP
OP
Texasgopher

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

godisnum1 said:
Heh, that's pretty cool bro... you made some nice finds, and you were able to tell others about what we do! Sounds like a great day!!
Gettin' some sun just sounded like the icing on the cake. :icon_sunny: Speaking of, I'm gonna head to the beach and try to do the same. 8)
Hey, you should come up to the hunt we're having in Caldwell, Kansas in May... there's some other Texas detectorists coming up as well I believe.
Here's the link...

Bran <><

Wow that sounds like a lot of fun!!! Are you really going to drive the 21 hours? Man I would love to I just don't know what I'll be doing. My schedule is pretty volatile and can change on at the last minute sometimes. But I will definitely have to think about it! I would love to meet some fellow T-netters. Judging from your responces to many posts I have read we would probably see eye-to-eye on several things. Thanks for the reply!

TG

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Texasgopher said:
godisnum1 said:
Here's the link...

Bran <><

Wow that sounds like a lot of fun!!! Are you really going to drive the 21 hours? Man I would love to I just don't know what I'll be doing. My schedule is pretty volatile and can change on at the last minute sometimes. But I will definitely have to think about it! I would love to meet some fellow T-netters. Judging from your responces to many posts I have read we would probably see eye-to-eye on several things. Thanks for the reply!

TG

Yep, it's alot of fun!! Well, driving would be a last case scenario. I used to drive back & forth from Saint Petersburg, FL to Springfield, MO (where I went to college) all the time and I really hate that drive... especially by myself! I know what you mean though... that's normally how my schedule is too. I ended up coming to the last hunt VERY last minute while I was up at college. But I was really glad I did! It was great getting to put faces with all the people I've talked to over the years. :)

Well if you're able to make it, you'll definitely not regret it!! I'm still trying my hardest to figure out my plans to come up there. Hopefully I'll fly to Springfield, and then either drive over with my girlfriend or one of the ladies from the forums (Gypsyheart) We'll see what happens. Anyway, hope to see you there!

Bran <><

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Texasgopher said:
EpsilonMinus said:
Hey thanks man! Have you been able to get out any lately?

TG
Hey, nice update and cool pic. I bet a ton of old people (who this hobby is stereotyped to) saw this, cut it out, and got motivated to go hunting. Did you notice any more hunters than usual after this 'advertisement'? Just curious. But yeah, I bet you have a framed copy now too, hah. I haven't gotten out lately, sadly, even the weather is starting to beg for it again, but soon, man, very soon. Congrats again on the recognition, and therefore local-validation of the hobby, that's a win for us, man!

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
But do you really coinshoot in city parks with that shovel? Or was it just for the pix?

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thumbsup_2.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_2.gif
    thumbsup_2.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 289

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
frame the pic and use it as an aid to help get the ok, when out door knocking at old local homes ;D nice finds!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread