UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

:hello:

One of the things most wanted on my wish list, has always been a Saxon Silver Sceat :P I have watched outher people pull them off all round me :-\ and they have always eluded me :'( not anymore :headbang: from the field that I have done so many times and have had great finds from, a early saxon Silver Sceat :o

Not 100% with the ID yet but I think it's a series... A 675-685... I will update later. Today also turned out to be a Cracker :o I also managed a base Saxon Styca...my eighth :headbang: and my first Roman Silver of the year...Vespasian, again I will update the coin later :-*

we tryed some new fields today at first before moving back to our productive site :P were we found some nice Geargian finds, including a couple nice buckles, and a unusuall counterstamped Geo111 :icon_scratch: I will have to do two sets of pictuers as there were a lot of finds :thumbsup:

I hope you enjoy the pictures of my Milestone find :icon_thumleft:

SS

Attachments

• saxon 057.JPG
    saxon 057.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 3,363
  • saxon 059.JPG
    saxon 059.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 3,353
  • saxon 078.JPG
    saxon 078.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 3,301
  • saxon 077.JPG
    saxon 077.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 3,323
  • saxon 070.JPG
    saxon 070.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 3,324
  • saxon 065.JPG
    saxon 065.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 3,349
  • saxon 062.JPG
    saxon 062.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 3,349
  • saxon 074.JPG
    saxon 074.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 3,293
  • saxon 030.JPG
    saxon 030.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 3,290
Upvote 3
OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: It's Took Ten Years.....Saxon. Updated.

CONSTANTINVS said:
Saxon coins are incredible, :o :o :o ..... in my country equivalents in the period and who replaced the Romans were the Visigoths ... but unfortunately only produced gold coins (they are too few), the Visigoths , the capital in Barcelona (King Ataúlfo) and later in Toledo. (King Leovigildo). was a German immigrant people who came to allude to the Roman Christians to expel the barbarians of Hispania .... but ended up staying for like .... Rulers Saxon.
sure your saxon coin and my sculpture of Apollo , friends will be up there! :laughing7:

Congrats on the Banner !! :hello2:
Yes they are amazing :o the different designs to each series, and pennies never fail to amaze me :o it's what our detecting dreams are made of ;D

SS

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Silver Searcher said:
CONSTANTINVS said:
Saxon coins are incredible, :o :o :o ..... in my country equivalents in the period and who replaced the Romans were the Visigoths ... but unfortunately only produced gold coins (they are too few), the Visigoths , the capital in Barcelona (King Ataúlfo) and later in Toledo. (King Leovigildo). was a German immigrant people who came to allude to the Roman Christians to expel the barbarians of Hispania .... but ended up staying for like .... Rulers Saxon.
sure your saxon coin and my sculpture of Apollo , friends will be up there! :laughing7:

Yes they are amazing :o the different designs to each series, and pennies never fail to amaze me :o it's what our detecting dreams are made of ;D

SS

has the look view of Numismatic (like me ).... that this is the more rare coins better. Saxon and Visigothic coins marking the beginning of middle age and have something of Roman and Medieval.

Here you can see what they were rare coins of the Visigoths ..... one of my dreams is to find one. :-\

http://www.soleryllach.com/subastas/Subasta1058-1/imgLotes/01/0197g.jpg

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CONSTANTINVS said:
Silver Searcher said:
CONSTANTINVS said:

SS

has the look view of Numismatic (like me ).... that this is the more rare coins better. Saxon and Visigothic coins marking the beginning of middle age and have something of Roman and Medieval.

Here you can see what they were rare coins of the Visigoths ..... one of my dreams is to find one. :-\

http://www.soleryllach.com/subastas/Subasta1058-1/imgLotes/01/0197g.jpg
:o

I can see why it would be a dream to find one of those :o it would be mine also :thumbsup:

SS

yo6oej

Aug 23, 2008
Toplita , Romania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Pro Pointer / Detech EDS Plus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

;D good job silver searcher :notworthy:

CKaufman

Feb 3, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250 /tesoro silver sabre umax/
garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

man, you guys got it good over there! congrats :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:hello:

The saxon Styca I found with the Sceat has been ID :read2: it's a irregular issue Northumbrian styca 843-855, these coins are a attempt on copying of the ruler/ monyer, often blundered.

Obverse ...Pseudo legend.
Reverse ...Puesdo legend.

SS

Attachments

• sax 023.JPG
    sax 023.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,298
  • sax 026.JPG
    sax 026.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,289

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

banner banner banner :headbang:

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:notworthy:

Congratulations!

That must be a rush.

It looks like I might be making my way to your side of the pond for the first time this year- can you recommend any tour groups for Yank diggers like myself? Hopefully somebody who'll take care of all the legal niceties and who won't salt the ground with planted finds?

I'll only have about a week- my goal is to find at least one Roman bronze and one hammered silver- really any coin which predates the oldest I've dug over here (currently my oldest is 1658).

(Edit to add: those are my hopes, anyway- I dunno how realistic it is to hope to fulfill those goals within one week, but I intend to work hard for it.)

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

index.php

Hmm... that ain't British... the portrait looks like Napoleon I!

Love the counterstamped copper, too, BTW.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lordmarcovan said:
index.php

Hmm... that ain't British... the portrait looks like Napoleon I!

Love the counterstamped copper, too, BTW.
That is exactly what that coin is a 1811 Napoleon Dd60

Attachments

• Fr_5F_1811A_both.jpg
    Fr_5F_1811A_both.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 854
OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_thumleft:

Thanks for posting that :) that worn Silver coin got over looked because of the outher finds :-\ I have been meaning to ID it but have never got around to it :P now you have done it for me :thumbsup:

SS

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lordmarcovan said:
:notworthy:

Congratulations!

That must be a rush.

It looks like I might be making my way to your side of the pond for the first time this year- can you recommend any tour groups for Yank diggers like myself? Hopefully somebody who'll take care of all the legal niceties and who won't salt the ground with planted finds?

I'll only have about a week- my goal is to find at least one Roman bronze and one hammered silver- really any coin which predates the oldest I've dug over here (currently my oldest is 1658).

(Edit to add: those are my hopes, anyway- I dunno how realistic it is to hope to fulfill those goals within one week, but I intend to work hard for it.)
That's all gunna depend on were you are coming to in the UK, Bio Proff goes with the Colchester hunting group(I think) but I know there are plenty of weekend hunting clubs that would take you out, it will all depend on what's available at this time of year :icon_thumleft:

http://colchestermetaldetectingclub.webs.com/

SS

randall61

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2004
Guntersville,Alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x2,viper trident

CONGRATS.........AWESOME find........here in the states we can only celebrate with you.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice coins!!!! congrats!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread