Found: 1861 Seated Half-Dime, Colonial Relics, + Confederate Civil War Finds

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Vol1266X and I went back to the colonial site we have been hunting. I will not bore you with details on the research that Q did to find this site :sign13:. He will inform you on his post in a couple of long paragraphs. After pouring over historical books :read2: and old maps, he finally narrowed it down to about 50 square miles. I can sum it up in one word as to how we found this site: "dumbluck" :laughing7:. I thought it might be a pretty good day because within the first 15 minutes I found 2 flat buttons. :icon_thumright: I wandered to the top of the hill and found what I thought was another flat button. After a while we took a break and I didn't have my glasses with me and I didn't clean the buttons up until we took the break. I showed Q the flat buttons I had found. One of the cuff buttons I found turned out to be an 1861 half-dime. We hunted for a couple more hours and I found a couple more flat buttons, a knife, and a couple of buckles. I also found a couple of iron relics that have holes in them. I am hoping some of you colonial experts can identify them. The last picture is of a confederate camp that we have hunted before. I found a button back, a buckle, two chewed up .69 round balls, three .58 bullets (one with the top cut off) and a few small round balls. I also found a small triangular relic that I hope someone identifies. Thanks for looking! All help identifying some of these relics will be greatly appreciated.
Dman

Attachments

• DSC01053.JPG
    DSC01053.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 1,138
  • DSC01054.JPG
    DSC01054.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,102
  • DSC01057.JPG
    DSC01057.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,173
  • DSC01059.JPG
    DSC01059.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,070
  • DSC01060.JPG
    DSC01060.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,004
Upvote 0

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Congrats on the 1/2! and nice finds all around.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. :icon_thumleft:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congradulations on the finds. Very nice....

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the Seated, and relics :icon_thumright:

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the shiny stuff. The half dime is sweet.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will take dumb luck any day with digs like those. Looks like you are a very good site.
Good luck.
TnMtns

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Burt...you do know that when you're out hunting, it's not mandatory for you to look like a movie star, don't ya? :tongue3: Put them glasses on! Do you realize how many minutes of happy dance you cheated yerself out of by not knowing that you'd found that AWESOME coin? :D

Bunch of terrific finds!!! That dime is fab!!!

Nana :wink:

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Some really cool awsome finds Dman. HMMM did you find the other half of the dime and glue it together, it looks whole to me, not half. :laughing9: Does that mean a half dime is worth five cents?
You and Vol better slow down, before long the only place in Tenn. you all have to hunt will be in your homes. ;D
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer finds, Dman! That's a Fine hunt you had. Any time a seated comes up, it's a great hunt--AND you got some nice relics too.

Well done, my friend.

:thumbsup:

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relics, that's a great looking half-dime, Congrats! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"He will inform you on his post in a couple of long paragraphs. After pouring over historical books and old maps, he finally narrowed it down to about 50 square miles. I can sum it up in one word as to how we found this site: "dumbluck" . "

You two guys crack me up. :laughing9: Dumb luck and poor vision paid off for you Dman. :icon_thumleft: Some great finds there. Congrats. That is the first half dime cuff button I've seen posted here on TN. I vote banner! :hello2: :tongue3:
You can't beat a CW / Colonial site to detect. Looking forward to you and Q's next outing and antics. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet 1/2 dime there Dman,I found the same date up in the field's of Antietam last year.You guy's are raking it in.....Great save's :thumbsup:

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread