Jan 8, 2006

Attachments

• metaaldetectinga 276.jpg
    metaaldetectinga 276.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 394
Upvote 0
Z

ZumbroKid

You're getting quite a collection of money. Do you keep a total value of the coins you find? Most here in the U S do not know the value of the Euros. Can you give us a total and a conversion rate. I believe you are finding quite a sum of extra money. Later

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Free's right - you're racking up. I think in some countries you can do so much better finding newer coins than here in the US because the denominations are larger. You've got 25 coins there worth $14.40. If you found 25 newer coins here you might have 2 or 3 dollars. Typically here the largest newer coin you will find is a quarter (25 cents) so it takes a while to add up. Every time our government wisely introduces a new $1 coin everybody whines because it's something different and they just wind up in collections. >:( I thought the Sacajawea dollars were great but I got one from Wal Mart when they came out by asking for one and some in change from the stamp machine at the post office. That's it. We're such creatures of habit.

OK, I'm through griping now. :D

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
trk5capt said:
BOB, # 6 Is A CO2 Gas Cylinder For A Pellet Gun . Interesting Finds. trk5capt...

YESSSSSSSSSS ! Th?t is what it is, lol ! Thank you for helping me, trk5capt !!!

BOB VALDEZ

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
Free 2 Dtect said:
You're getting quite a collection of money. Do you keep a total value of the coins you find? Most here in the U S do not know the value of the Euros. Can you give us a total and a conversion rate. I believe you are finding quite a sum of extra money. Later

No, I NEVER keep that money, I spent I when I need it. Nowadays I always have lots of change in my pockets. I never took the time to count what I have found, in total.

The 1 and 2-Euro coins get very very dirty in the sand. In the beginning (5 months ago ; started metal detecting end of August 2005) I cleaned the coins. Not anymore, now. I see that people accept them "like they are" so why bother ? When they bring the coins to a bank, I think the bank is holding the coins in as "no more valid" or so, and they are replaced by new ones. The 50-20-10 cents are better, since they are made in copper.

How much is an Euro ? Well, we don't understand it ourselfs, since we had them only like 4-5 years. So, if somebody buys a car or a house, we have to make a calculation to understand the value of it. Getting a new currency is very complicated, one doesn't understand the value of it. It's like playing with monopoly money !
How much is an Euro ? At a certain moment, it was about 1 Euro = 1 USD, but now you get about 6 Dollars for 5 Euros...

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
Kent in AL said:
Free's right - you're racking up.? I think in some countries you can do so much better finding newer coins than here in the US because the denominations are larger.? You've got 25 coins there worth $14.40.? If you found 25 newer coins here you might have 2 or 3 dollars.? Typically here the largest newer coin you will find is a quarter (25 cents) so it takes a while to add up.? Every time our government wisely introduces a new $1 coin everybody whines because it's something different and they just wind up in collections.? ?>:(? I thought the Sacajawea dollars were great but I got one from Wal Mart when they came out by asking for one and some in change from the stamp machine at the post office.? That's it.? We're such creatures of habit.

OK, I'm through griping now.? :D

For detecting, the 2 Euro is a great coin = it is 2.40 USD dollars. So, if you find a few of those, you have a good day ! What is your biggest coin, then ?

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

parrothead

Oct 1, 2005
Morris, Illinois
It may be a N2O cartridge also. They come int he same shape and size as co2. Nitrous oxide is used to dispense whipped cream. I have a dispenser at the house. You make the whipped cream, or chocolate mouse, or whatever, put it in, charge it with n2o and you have the same as buying a can of whipped cream at the store.

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
parrothead said:
It may be a N2O cartridge also. They come int he same shape and size as co2. Nitrous oxide is used to dispense whipped cream. I have a dispenser at the house. You make the whipped cream, or chocolate mouse, or whatever, put it in, charge it with n2o and you have the same as buying a can of whipped cream at the store.

Sounds delicious parrothead. Could put some on my waffles !!! We LOVE them, here in Belgium...

BOB VALDEZ

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one thing about finding all those Euros is they look like gold to me.... It's like finding a gold piece in every hole.... Nice going !!!! When you do find a gold coin will really be a shocker..... Seeker

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
The Seeker said:
? ? ?The one thing about finding all those Euros is they look like gold to me.... It's like finding a gold piece in every hole.... Nice going !!!!? ?When you do find a gold coin will really be a shocker.....? ? ? ?Seeker

The only gold I found so far was in August or September, 4 months ago. Started detecting end of August 2004. It was a (rather large) wedding ring. The couple got married in '67. Forgot the names. Sold it. It was 6 gram and I got 32 Euros for it. If I remember well, that is. All the other rings I found were not too valuable, just small silver ones. Gave the nicest away (if they fitted).

I also found another wedding ring in a "white metal". The couple only married in 2004. When I asked to a few people what that metal was, is was worthless : Titanium. The ring must be somewhere in my "treasure box" with the rest of my "valuables", lol.

BOB VALDEZ

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BOB VALDEZ said:
For detecting, the 2 Euro is a great coin = it is 2.40 USD dollars. So, if you find a few of those, you have a good day ! What is your biggest coin, then ?

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

Our biggest is $1.00 but they are rarely used so the biggest common coin to find is only 25 cents (1/4 dollar). :-\

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
parrothead said:

You are doing AWESOMELY well bob,WTG!! Those N2O cartridges are also used to fill balloons for inhaling.I was at a concert a couple years ago and some fella was ALL LOOPED up carrying and offering out those balloons.One look at him told me that I didnt need none of that.Wish I could show yall a pic of him and how he acted,it was too comical.walkin around hollerin"you want a balloon?".Still cracks me up when I think of it.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Ahhhh, Yes, the good ol' days...... whippets I believe. Wow, what a rush! LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions