Boring Beach Finds

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, decided I'd go hit up St Pete Beach today... since it was actually hot & sunny, after raining for the last two days straight.
I didn't find alot, and I wished I would've brought my jacket & hoodie with to hunt the part of the beach after sunset where hundreds of Spring Break kids were earlier today. If I had, I might have come away with some nicer finds. Either way, here's my part in cleaning the beach today... along with my semi-trash finds, my finds, and some non-detector finds. :) Maybe I'll go back tomorrow after church.

Bran <><

Trash Finds
1.jpg

Semi-trash Finds - tent stake, some random round piece of metal something, and a piece of copper
2.jpg

My Finds - quarter, dime, penny, aluminum key, and silver piece of a broken clasp
3.jpg

Non-MD Finds
4.jpg

Florida Sunset - Callin' it a day!
Sunset - 2009-03-13.jpg

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the shells and the sunset.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks RR... those are two of my favorite finds today too! ;D

And you're right Gregg, getting out was definitely the highlight of my day... it's just relaxing. If I find anything, that's just a bonus.
It's been windy down here too, but it's nice to know it's starting to warm up everywhere. Spring couldn't possibly delay itself any longer...

Bran <><

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well hoping to pop out for a short hunt tommorrow, busy working on some things, so hopefully this year will be full of detecting adventures...gregg

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here!!
Got a few (+1) CW fort sites down in the south FL area that I'm hoping to get down & hunt sometime in the near future... hope it all works out. :)

Bran <><

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hang in there......you'll get the timing just right with the Spring Breakers and hit the good stuff soon! I do miss Florida!!

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks G-F! :icon_sunny:

Yep Moon, I think you're right... but my girlfriend is flying in this Thursday for Spring Break, so I don't know how much detecting I'm going to get in while she's here. But I know we're meeting up with 4 (or more) T-Net people down on Anna Maria Island next Saturday for dinner & detecting, so that should be a blast!! ;D

Bran <><

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am looking forward to it Bran, and skipped our movie today so we could make it...
BUT.. You best be out shaking those Spring Breakers by the heels before I get there, I want more than what you are finding... LOL..
Cant wait to meet other T-Net'ers......

SS

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The finds are good ones. And besides it's about the hunt, and being able to enjoy the great outdoors.
:icon_sunny:

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm really looking forward to finally meeting you all Christof :-) And yeah, I'm probably going to be busy this week between work and preparing everything for when Hannah arrives on Thursday... but I may try to get out one afternoon, if I can find the time.
Hopefully I'll find some better beach finds next time I get out!! I want some Spring Break loot!!!! :icon_pirat:

You're right extractor! As long as our weather stays nice, I intend on enjoying it as much as possible over the ten days that I'm off work... as soon as my shift is over on Wednesday! :icon_sunny:

Thanks Deb ;D We definitely do have some pretty shells down here. I told Hannah that since she probably isn't going to want to try her hand at detecting, that we can scour the beach for some nice shells instead while she's here. Saturday might be my only time to detect, unless I detect a little while she lays out at the beach. But chances are, I'm probably going to want to lay out with her instead. 8)

Bran <><

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
May be they're boring finds but you get to close days with one heckuva view!

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Doug... I guess that I learned my new machine more, so I suppose I did pretty decent for a few hours of detecting. :)

Jeep said:
If you took the time to watch that sunset I would say you found the greatest treasure of all.

:icon_thumleft:

No, SHE will be flying in on Thursday... :wink: ;D

And you're right DMN, we do have some of the most beautiful evening skies I've ever seen. Guess I can't complain too much...

Bran <><

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, everyday can't be a winner.....makes you appreciate those days when you DO find the good stuff though! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
Well, everyday can't be a winner.....makes you appreciate those days when you DO find the good stuff though! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Very true! Good way to look at it...

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread