1st time out MD(ever) w/new Ace 250

T

Tina-Lin

Well here it is my first post of finds.. and not much to report. Tried the in-laws rear yard to get a feel for it, and I found the irrigation water lines! :o Then a 22 shell which is from my mother in law shooting at blackbirds, and 3 pieces of a shredded aluminium can. I think I need to find a better place.. one without water lines! When it decides to warm back up in Wyoming maybe I can actually dig in the ground a bit better!

HH to all

Tina

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your next outing!

Nana ;)

tgravatt

Dec 21, 2005
Pierre, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Charlene said:
Welcome Tina!? Not to fret, I went out for a short while today and the only thing I found was trash accompanied by alot of worms on each dig.

But it was still alot of fun.? Best of luck on all your happy hunting grounds.?

Charlene,

Hello! Save those worms for me, I could use them the next time I go out fishing!

LOL!

Good luck and happy hunting!

T.G.Creations

Attachments

• Tim Akaska Fishing.jpg
    Tim Akaska Fishing.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 289

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana
Congrats Tina on your first finds. They may not be much but they are still your finds!!

I'm only about 2 months into this hobby now and have become addicted. The people in the forums on this site are excellent, what a wealth of knowledge.

On the ACE250, I also started in my back yard as I was still learning how to dig a presentable plug. I think your yard is the best place.

Here is what I did:
1) Selected all metal mode and 70% sensi and started swinging, I couldnt believe my ears!!! ALOT OF trash.
2)I decided that if there was that much metal in the ground there had to be some clad so I discriminated down to coin selection and started working in patterns to learn proper coverage during scanning.
3) Learned how the machine reacted to other items in the ground that were masking as coins. (dig dig dig!!)
4) I have currently dug about 5.00 in clad from the yard and 2 complete toy cars from the 60's and 70's.

After some hours/trips to the back yard I decided to hit a local park and REALLY started pulling up the clad. I have probably been out detecting a total of 20-25 times and have already dug 2 wheaties!! Im still looking for that silver but it really is only a matter of time as IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!! Happy hunting and STAY at it. The best thing you can do is learn you machine for right now, other things will start to fall into place.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome aboard, Tina. There ARE a lot of great people on this forum who will help you learn about detecting. Just read everything you can, and you'll be a pro in no time! :)

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
Well welcome to the forum.... I've been away awhile working, researching, and getting in some detecting here and there. Ditto to what everyone else said, and double ditto to researching an area for detecting. Pretty new to this myself but have made some pretty cool finds. A slug from a bullet , 1921 wheattie, 2 1957 wheats, 1944 wheat, a dairy token, a silver and black hills gold ring and a potential antique ring from pioneer times. And lots of clad and more tabs and bottle caps than one thought possible. You'll dig so many bottle caps and tabs your back will hurt. But on the good side there's that rush you feel when your digging that it might just be the old coin or gold ring under that plug you just dug. HH and good luck.

tgravatt

Dec 21, 2005
Pierre, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Tina-Lin said:
Well here it is my first post of finds.. and not much to report.? Tried the in-laws rear yard to get a feel for it, and I found the irrigation water lines!? :o Then a 22 shell which is from my mother in law shooting at blackbirds, and 3 pieces of a shredded aluminium can. I think I need to find a better place.. one without water lines! When it decides to warm back up in Wyoming maybe I can actually dig in the ground a bit better!

HH to all

Tina

Hi Tina!

Think of it this way. I once had a guy who offered to pay me to help him find his "metal" property markers, which I did find them all for him. I suppose I saved him some money on having a professional surveyor come out and do it. There are practical, domestic applications to this great hobby of metal detecting. I cannot tell you how many people have had me look for a valuable piece of jewelry for them which was recently lost, and most often, recently found again. I would consider your water line experience to be added to your ever-increasing knowledge and expertise in the fine art of metal detecting. Get enough of those empty shell casings and you could sell them to someone who re-loads shells. Aluminum scrap prices are up, and so are the scrap copper prices

Its all good!

Happy Hunting and the best of luck!

T.G.Creations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread