Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 3 hunts in a row on the Apartment lawn I needed a change of pace ! I headed into a big patch of in town woods and decided to give it a go . I set my detector on a high disc setting and started cruising the woods hoping for a hot hit that might pan out into a decent hunt site ! The First hour turned up notta ! Just the occasional big junk signal ! I was enjoying the woods walk Though ! The Terrain was quite steep and hilly and I was getting some excellent exersise ! Then I spied a good sized flat plateau area and thougt to myelf there might have been some activity on that flat ! Right off the bat I found the cool surfer buckle just under the leaf duff ! I guessed late sixties early 70's ?? Then I started to pick up a quite a few shell casings ! Some of them pretty old ! I kept working the shell casings and then one of them turned out to be an Indian Head ! A foot away I got another good signal !! Another Indian I guessed since it was pretty crusty and at the same depth ! 5 inches . Rechecked the hole ! Yes still singing ! I pull a little more dirt with my hand and see silver ! I was expecting a Barber or even a seated since I already had indians not wheaties ! I was surprised to see the Merc ! and imediately suspected I might have a very early Merc ! I tucked it away and rechecked the hole ! Still singing ! A beat up BUFF nickel came out next ! Nice little pocket spill ! The next thing I found was the corroded green copper key chain like thing. I thought to myself : I would like to find what was on the end of that !! And then I think I did about 5 feet away I got a big solid hit ! The cool Bulldog watch FOB. I thought To myself I would like to find the watch too ! and then I did ! About 2 feet away in a little depression I pulled the Watch case and the barrette out of the same Hole ! The watch came out of the hole just like you see it in the first PIC empty! No guts , I could not find the works anywhere .A few feet from this I found this funky ornate key like thingy ?? It was not as deep as most of the other finds ,only about 2 inches down and I have no Idea what it is ! A fun Afternoon for Me ! Thanks For looking !! MaineRelic.

Attachments

• IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_0597.JPG
    IMG_0597.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_0604.JPG
    IMG_0604.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 712
Upvote 0
OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nisroc said:
Really nice finds. I love your pictures of your finds nice and clear!
Thanks Nisroc , I am not very High tech savvy, So I appreciate the post compliment !!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!!! like the watch case :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice bunch of finds!
I bet your heart was pounding pretty good when you saw that merc.
Have fun!
Mike

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Yep, nice finds right there. That Merc is in great shape.....Oh for the "D".... :'( Great digs. :thumbsup: jgas

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MaineRelic you are killing me! Been raining down here since Sat. Night and still raining. Was hoping to get out today but I will have to wait til tomorrow. :thumbsup: Nice neat finds. Wonder what went on in that spot? :icon_scratch:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
some cool stuff! may be worth a return trip to that area! :thumbsup:

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Don't ya hate it when the watch case is empty, I have dug three of them & never a whole watch. What happens to them. That merc is in great shape, too bad there was not a d on the back.

KOOTNEY KID

Sep 19, 2008
BRITISH COLUMBIA
Detector(s) used
Whites/MXT.
Not a bad day out from the sounds of things,a walk in the woods is always fun too!good finds,p.s I like the empty time capsule :laughing7: :laughing7:......K.KID.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man how is wish there was a D on the back of that Merc. Nice finds.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds congrats.

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
Re: Afternoon woods hunt proves interesting / 1916 MERC/ Indians / and a few rel

why doi feel like the "w" on the merc is dd???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread