Class Ring found, please help return.

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Hi all. I have been hanging around the forum for a few months. Thought I would join since this is a great forum filled with very knowledgeable people and some really awesome finds. This is my first post and hopefully I will post it correctly.

I have been detecting since 1990. I use a White's Silver Eagle. I wanted to post this to see if anyone can help me. I found this 1935 Hollister mans high school class ring about 10 years ago.? The initials are P. B. It was found at an 1890's home in a small central Illinois town. At the time,? I contacted the school in Hollister Missouri, thinking that might be where it came from. No luck. The officials at the school said there was a fire that destroyed almost all records prior to the 1960's. So, I put it away and forgot about it. Well, I was going through my finds the other night, and remembered it. So, I thought I would post it to see if anyone can help. Thanks for any help.

99Brown

Attachments

• DSCN3274.JPG.jpg
    DSCN3274.JPG.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0
OP
OP
99Brown

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Sorry about the big picture. Hopefully, I will get the hang of this soon.

99Brown

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Try classmates.com You may be able to locate the school. If there any members there it's a possibility they might be able to help you, It's a start, HH Art...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,

Since Most People Graduate at the age of 18.

and the ring is Dated 1935,

Unless I miscalculated odds are "he / she" turns 89 this year.

so I'm sure your aware, at best you could hope to find a son, More Likely a Grandson.

and Still it would be a Stretch.

Finding a Daughter or Grandaughter Probably even harder, Because of Last Name changes.

? ? ? ? ? ? ?SORRY, Without a Year Book from that school, it looks like a lost cause.

OP
OP
99Brown

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Any help would be appreciate Paul in WA. I truly appreciate it. There are a few Hollisters in The U.S. I just figured Missouri would be the most likely place where the ring would have come from, since I am here in Illinois.
I figure the person was probably born around 1917 or 1918. They would be about 88/89 years old now.

Thanks for all the help from everyone.

99Brown ;D

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
There are 6 registered members at that school , for that year. Would you like me to email them your email address with a small note explaining what you are trying to do?

Paul

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and welcome to the forum! Good luck finding the owner and HH, Mike

Nana40

Gold Member