Surgery turns some good finds- 3 platinum 1 gold and 17 silver rings

ffordre4

Mar 30, 2009
Cibolo, TX
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Whites Spectrum V3i, and Explorer SE Pro
Well I was told I had to have surgery on my foot and that the military was sending me to Okinawa Japan for the operation :hello2:. I decided to take a couple of extra days and go down early to hit the beaches. My wife of course just shook her head. She wasn't shaking it for long as we got on the beaches and started hitting rings and coins every couple of minutes. All together we found 3 Platinum rings, 1 22K gold ring, 17 silver rings, 4 silver pendents, 1 silver chain, 1 Gucci silver men's Bracelet, a silver woman's bangle bracelet, 9 trash rings 36,800 in Japanese yen ($385.00US) and 16.43 in US clad. I tried to take pictures of them all but did not take individual pictures. The first picture is everything I found in my storage case, believe me it was empty when I started. Hope you enjoy the pixes. By the way my surgery went well :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• Stored Okinawa finds.JPG
    Stored Okinawa finds.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,855
  • Platinum Rings.JPG
    Platinum Rings.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,848
  • 22K 2.4 G.JPG
    22K 2.4 G.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,837
  • 3 925 rings and 2 penndants.JPG
    3 925 rings and 2 penndants.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,846
  • 5 silver rings and a 925 Toe Ring.JPG
    5 silver rings and a 925 Toe Ring.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,841
  • 925- 7 rings and 2 penndents.JPG
    925- 7 rings and 2 penndents.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,823
  • 925 Gucci and 3 rings.JPG
    925 Gucci and 3 rings.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,827
  • 925 Bangle Bracelet 11.6G.JPG
    925 Bangle Bracelet 11.6G.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,827
  • Trash rings.JPG
    Trash rings.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 1,833
  • Japanese $386 US.JPG
    Japanese $386 US.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,806
  • US clad $16.88.JPG
    US clad $16.88.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,810
  • 925 Necklace 18.4G.JPG
    925 Necklace 18.4G.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 1,798
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spitfire55 said:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Wow!..I can't believe it. You had to go all the way to the "ROCK" to have surgery on your foot. Are you on active duty with any of the Armed Forces at this time or what? Brother you're good. The first tour I did there was in 1973(Kadena AB) and my second and final tour was in 1977(Kadena AB). There was a big US Navel hospital up island but I can't remember the name off hand. I'm glade that they took care of your healthcare needs. You've :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :wave: :occasion14: :occasion14: earned it little brother.

I was on Kadena 1968-1970, we had flights of 52's taking off 24 hours a day fully loaded with 500 pound wing bombs, and 750 pound belly bombs for bombing runs over South East Asia.........Okinawa was still a U.S property and shall we say it was wide open.... ;D

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
So when do you have the other foot worked on? You should probably get another pile!

Thanks for the service, and mend well.

catbird

Oct 18, 2008
raleigh
Detector(s) used
whites XLT
SPITFIRE, I WAS STATIONED ON OKINAWA IN '77, AND WORKED AT THE HOSPITAL AS A MEDIC IN THE EMERGENCY RM. THE HOSPITAL IN THOUGHT WAS CAMP QUI HOSPITAL AND STAYED ON ISLAND TILL THE NAVY TOOK THE HOSPITAL BACK OVER IN '78. I LOVED SCUBA DIVING FOR WRECKS OF PLANES AND WWII ARTIFACTS. WE FOUND WHOLE CASES OF ANTI- CRAFT BULLETS , MORTAR ROUNDS , GOBS OF SMALL ROUND AMMO. TRUNED THEM INTO EOD, SO THEY COULD BE DESTROYED. LOVE TO LOBSTER DIVE AT NIGHT, BY THE CLIFFS. OLD MEMORIES, REMEMBER THE HILTON ON THE HILL, MAN WE WOULD GO UP TO THE DISCO THERE ON THE WEEKENDS, GOOD TIMES. CAT.......

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was stationed in Okinawa in 98 on Camp Kinser sure wish I was Metal detecting back then I'm sure all the beaches are loaded with goodies. Nice score :icon_thumleft:. Got to be careful with all the unexploded ordiances out there thu.

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'll be going to Okinawa (Kadena) in late October. My company is sending me for a 2 year contract. Bought 2 water detectors already. I'm hoping the finds will be like this!!!!!!

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Outstanding!!! :o You did great!

I would like to know what are the markings on the checkered silver ring? I have found one that looks just like the one you found, and it's marked KM925. If your ring has the same markings, it's a typical class ring made here in Finland! :P

rtru

Jan 10, 2009
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Currently: Garrett AT Pro
Former detectors include: Fisher CZ-7A (fav), White's XLT, White's 6000 Di-Pro, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro something, o-l-d Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, 28 pieces of jewelry and $400 cash, that's an amazing haul and has gotta be a record for a single hunt. Hope you're all healed up soon.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
First Thank you for your service yo our great country :icon_thumleft: Second outstanding haul :notworthy:

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bob, I wondered what the totals of your hunts on Oki were going to be......now I know. Man, u did good!!!
I have been going out on Saturdays......went out yesterday with my son. Drove down into the TaeGu area.....won't do that
again for awhile. Got out and about at 5:00 a.m. Sat morning. Took almost one hour to get out of TaeGu......city is big,
but us two counry boys went round and round.....lost as Hogan's goat.
Finally got to the place in the country that we had planned to go to. Brushy as heck this time of the year.
Went towards the first site.......towards being the right choice of words. Never located it.
Worked up another mountain, and found a nice cut.....that had been developed into a small farmer's road.....had cut out the
coin site.
So, went across the main highway into a set of mts......found bear poo.....full of ripe blackberries. Not supposed to be any of
those critters this far east.....:). Then went to the last site for the day. Began digging at 4:00 p.m. Dug 28 coins, dating
1880 and before. Took 90 minutes. Almost one holed, old coin per every three minutes......we had a blast. Cleaning up the
coins right now. Oh.....also a complete rice bowl, probably 200+ years....beautiful green and white color, with design. And, an old copper hair pin, about 6 inches long, ladies used them to secure their hair bun.....very very old museum-quality piece. Get stationed back over here......I'll trade you mt sites for beach sites. :) Glad your op. went okay. Bill

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:o :o :o HOLY COW what a haul...congrats :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread