Ah Me Lucky Charms!

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Ah me Lucky Charms!....

Top of the mornin’ to ya! Well okay, it’s not exactly the top of the morning... now anyway. Still though I hope you all had a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day this year. With the Wearin’ o’ the green and drinking green beer and dancing in the streets, and singing at the top of yer lungs and eatin’ corned beef and cabbage, and dreenken green beer.. Ho.. I’ve already been tellin’ of the green beer now haven’t I ? Oh deary me. I suppose I dinna need that last pint or three after all now did I? Oh my my my... Now you’ll all be thinkin’ that I’m a wee bit pis..uh.. inebriated! Wee? Ah now there’s a word of action to be sure! Especially with all them pints of the green goblin juice, Damn those Leprechauns anyway! Oh to find me Pot of Gold! Ah well, maybe next year I’ll catch one o’ the buggers. Slippery wee devils they are! And crafty as old Mike to be sure! Just when you think you’ve got’em by the short and curlies, they’ll sway your intentions and leave you holdin’ an empty bag or a handful of worthless “charms” Ah me Lucky Charms! Buttons and snaps. A bit of flash and shiny to distract even the most even tempered of us ! All that glitters is NOT GOLD, Aye! But at least it was a heart of green like the Irish eyes that were a smilin’ on my treasure huntin’ today!

Lucky Charms.JPG

Yeah Yeah Yeah.. I know. It’s St. Patrick’s Day so Everyone is Irish today. Whether or not they have a drop of Irish blood in them or no. I for one was blessed with a great deal of Irish blood, however, and if I tend to wax a bit poetic with a Gaelic bent on this day “O’The Green”. Well. You’ll just have to bear with me. <chuckle> While I may not have actually been chasing any Leprechauns today, or drinking mass quantities of Green Beer, I did do a little treasure hunting. My “Lucky Charms” with the green heart was only a blessing from St Patrick himself I’m sure. Or at least that’s my story and I’m sticking with it! <laughing> Yeah, not all that glitters is gold, but sometimes it *is* silver! That Stud earring with the stone in it turned out to be Silver (note the 925 on the back), but the stone is a QZ. Oh well, can’t have it all I guess.

Stud.JPG

And from one end of the spectrum to the other (funny.. spectrum.. like “rainbow”.. pot of gold?..) <rolling eyes> Anyway, from good to bad, I found a bunch of scrap and crap and slagged metal in the dirt and even in the woodchips of the two parks I hunted this afternoon. I got really tired of digging up what I thought was a really good signal for a coin and finding a lump of scrap metal in the bottom of the hole. *sigh*

Slag.JPG

Along with the Crap.. I mean “scrap” metal there were also some “odds and ends” and Whatzits found today too. Some were identifiable, at least partially, but one was one of those finds that just leaves you scratching your head.

Whatzits.JPG

Pieces of plumbing, bits of hardware from playground equipment, hardware from a locker or piece of office furniture.. and a little “cross” of a thingy that I have no clue what it could have or was supposed to be. Anyone have an idea?
As I said, I hunted a couple of parks today. Both of these parks were new to me in my own home town! I only found them due to modern technology. Perhaps I should explain. Where I work, we had a “Safety incentive” program for a couple of years that awarded each employee a number of “points” for working safely and participating in safety awareness projects . Well, as these things tend to do over time, it evolved into an entirely different program. All those “points” were tallied up and given out to the employees so they could redeem them for gifts and awards.. so they could clear the books and move on with the NEW program. <grin> Anyway, with my modest number of points I selected, for my “award” a GPS system. I got a brand new Garmin Nuvi 205 in the mail yesterday. It may not be the latest and greatest or have all the bells and whistles of newer or more expensive models but this thing still blows me away. After registering it online and downloading the most recent updates and installing them.. and well you know the routine I’m sure. All said and done, I began experimenting with it. And as I said, I discovered two heretofore unknown (to me) parks in my own hometown! So of COURSE I had to go check them out today! The treasures and goodies I found were predominantly from one of the parks, as the second park is only a couple of years old and is in the process of being renovated believe it or not. Apparently high water or flooding or something along those lines has washed away all the woodchips and a great deal of the soil in this little park. Oh well, the first park was plentiful enough for one day anyway. There is still a lot of ground to cover there yet to be sure!
Today I mostly covered (hunted) the woodchips of the tot lot and the grassy areas surrounding it as well as one strip along the sidelines of the football/soccer field next to the parking area. The trash, as usual, abounded in these areas. Pull tabs, bottle caps (loads and loads of them!) cans and can slaw, the slag and crap I’ve already mentioned of course. I did find a hotel... Silver hotels in Monopoly now? I found a golf ball. Hmm.. Easter is just around the corner.. perhaps I should spray paint some golf balls and “distribute” them around some of the parks I hunt. <laughing> Can you imagine a kid picking one of those up during an easter egg hunt? Oh yeah! I found a LEG! Some poor joker lost his right leg.. and I found it!

Leg.JPG

I know. I’m a little “STINKER”. <grin> Maybe I have a little Leprechaun blood in me too! That could explain a few things after all... a craving for corned beef, a predilection towards red haired women with Great Big..uh.. Green eyes! And always.. ALWAYS! Looking for shiny objects and treasure be it coin or gold or silver! Blarney you say? I don’t know. I might have the gift for gab at times, but I still manage to bring home a pretty little pouch..er.. finds bag full of coins! Aye!

Clad.JPG

Ah Now look at ye! Either you’ve been dreenkin’ a wee bit too much o’ the green beer yerself! Or yer jest a wee bit Green wi’ Envy now aren’t ya? <dancing a jig and skipping away singing>

Aye! You’ll ne’er catch me! I’m as fast as fast can be! Ah Me Lucky Charms! They’re Magically Delicious! <falling down laughing>

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Upvote 0

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your posts are cool.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A tad bit O' silver...Happy St. Patty's Day :wink:

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pink hearts! Yellow moons! Orange stars! Green clovers! Blue horseshoes! -and purple diamonds!!!

Nice digs!

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Damon64 said:
Pink hearts! Yellow moons! Orange stars! Green clovers! Blue horseshoes! -and purple diamonds!!!

Nice digs!

Yeah.. tell me that the people who came up with the shapes and colors for those weren't sitting around stoned out of their minds! ~pfffffft~... "wait wait wait.. I know! We'll put in marshmallows! Yeah! shaped like.. like.. Stars man! Yeah.. and Moons.. and HORSESHOES!.. Yeah yeah.. and we can color them mannnnn.. coooool! Hey.. I'm hungry!"

<laughing>

Uh huh.. and green beer makes perfect sense too! <giggle>

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Finds on st patty day!! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
artzstuff1 said:
That leg is LT. Dans Please send it to Forrest Gump!!!

cool finds as always

art

" RUN Forrest! RUN!!! And bring me my leg! " <chuckle> Maybe If I go back to that same park tomorrow I can find the other leg too.. or an arm.. " .. an arm and a leg .." <grin>

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions