Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She was sittin' a long ways away from the GREEEEEN Injun'

Met up with a pretty good feller" today to do a little diggin'...and he got to meet my hunting buddy Hercules :icon_thumleft:

We had no choice but to pound this old sad park one more time. :icon_sunny:

I didn't care if I found anything or not...I was just looking for some peace and relaxing hunt time with a really good guy.

I hunted over 2 hours before I dug my first coin...and it turned out to be a 9" deep memorial cent in fill dirt ;D...so we moved to a different spot.
Notice I don't show a pic of that great find :headbang: ;D

Another 30 minutes passed before I finally got a peep through the falsing and nulling that caught my attention.

From right at 10" down came the seated dime. I knew I had silver when it came out...but had no idea what it was until Roy looked at it. You see...he had on some glasses :D...but I didn't...he also rubbed most of the mud off before we could see the date.

After that... nothing more...but at least I did get one sweet keeper...and got to meet and hunt with a fellow hunter. :hello2:

After that I headed home...but decided to take the long way and hit one more park. ::)

After an hour or so I got a very deep, goofy sounding signal :icon_scratch: that I thought had a shot at being an injun'.

I dug a very deep plug in the moist, muddy ground...but the probe was still sounding off to the bottom side....so I had to widen the hole some.

BEFORE some of you hammer me for digging a nasty hole ;D....please realize this ground had been plowed in the recent past and there was NO way to properly cut a plug. :dontknow: I had no choice but to dig it out in clumps and pile it on my towel in order to PROPERLY fill and repair the hole once I was done. :icon_thumleft:

From very DEEEEEP as the pics show...out came this clump with a gorgeous GREEN as green gets....Injun' sticking out the side :icon_thumleft:

I normally don't take my camera with me...but had it today so I could take a pic of Roy...so I grabbed it and snapped the 3 shots of this baby.

As you can see...the depth was well over the length of the probe :hello2:....and you can clearly see the detail of the feathers in the headdress from 3 feet away :wink:

I have this critter soaking in olive oil right now...so maybe after a few days I can post some pics of how it came out.

To hunt the whole day for 2 coins...oh yeah...3 if you count the 9" deep memorial cent :laughing9: ;D...might not seem worth it to some of you...but it sure was fun. :icon_thumleft:

I'll say this again too...it seriously wouldn't have mattered if the silver would have been a roosie instead of a seated.....SILVER is SILVER...and I'd have been just as happy :hello:

After the long day...my buddy Hercules hit his bed pillow at the bottom of the stairs while I typed up my post :hello:

Attachments

• coins312.jpg
    coins312.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,073
  • injun1.jpg
    injun1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,115
  • injun2.jpg
    injun2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,104
  • injun3.jpg
    injun3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,111
  • roy.jpg
    roy.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,109
  • herkyroy.jpg
    herkyroy.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,102
Upvote 0

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
Re: She was sittin' a long ways away from the GREEEEEN Injun'

bryce ya gotta teach your buddy to dig! what a great partner to have dig for you. you could change his name to quick silver! ;D willy

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gator-Flea said:
:icon_thumleft: ;D

Dr. Ace said:
Bryce,

WTG buddy!! It is so good to get out and hunt! That is really all that counts. I finally have been able to get out the past week. It is so SWEET. It doesn't really matter what you find - it's all in the hunt. Congrats on your finds. Best of luck the rest of the year, too!

HH,

Dr. Ace
Thanks bro. I am looking forward to a fun year. Parks are depleted..but fun is what counts.

Kimsdad said:
WTG again, Bryce!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

A seated and an Indian! Plus, fun with a buddy! Excellent hunt!

I really want to give Hercules a good ear-rub! :)
Thanks Neil. Herky LOVES ear rubs :icon_thumleft: He makes this goofy moaning sound sound when he gets them ;D

Argentium said:
Nice hunt there Bryce ! Man the day I find my first seated anything , and my first Indian -
you'll probably be one of the very first to hear about it ! A day out with your dog and your
buddy , and your finding 100 + year old goodies - It just don't get much better than that .
Rock on ! Argentium.
Thanks buddy. I know you will get one soon.
Herky goes on each hunt with me. It wouldn't be any fun without him :hello2:

dave in iowa

Jan 29, 2008
iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Track, Minelab S.E. , and a Whites Prizm 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great day bryce . you always find the good stuff

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jgas said:
Dang near missed your post Bryce. Glad I got to it. That is a nice green Injun. You always grab those deep ones. Cool pics Buddy. Nice to hunt with a friend too. Congrats. :thumbsup: jgas
Thanks J. I hope you have a great 2010. Hunting with a friend makes it so much more fun. :icon_thumleft:
rogues71 said:
gratz on the seated

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Let's see the fruits of your labor !!! A CLOSEUP !!!!!

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dave in iowa said:
great day bryce . you always find the good stuff
Thanks Dave. Hope all is well with you.

dfx willy said:
bryce ya gotta teach your buddy to dig! what a great partner to have dig for you. you could change his name to quick silver! ;D willy
Herky does help sometimes Willy. :icon_thumleft: Sometimes he picks up the clods and starts running with them ;D

nova said:
I'll take the seated and Injun, over a all day hunt any-day.
Thanks Nova

sscindercoop said:
Love those seated :icon_thumleft:
Thanks ssidercoop

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

artzstuff1 said:
silverfreak said:
Met up with a pretty good feller" today to do a little diggin'...and he got to meet my hunting buddy Hercules :icon_thumleft:

We had no choice but to pound this old sad park one more time. :icon_sunny:

I didn't care if I found anything or not...I was just looking for some peace and relaxing hunt time with a really good guy.

I hunted over 2 hours before I dug my first coin...and it turned out to be a 9" deep memorial cent in fill dirt ;D...so we moved to a different spot.
Notice I don't show a pic of that great find :headbang: ;D

Another 30 minutes passed before I finally got a peep through the falsing and nulling that caught my attention.

From right at 10" down came the seated dime. I knew I had silver when it came out...but had no idea what it was until Roy looked at it. You see...he had on some glasses :D...but I didn't...he also rubbed most of the mud off before we could see the date.

After that... nothing more...but at least I did get one sweet keeper...and got to meet and hunt with a fellow hunter. :hello2:

After that I headed home...but decided to take the long way and hit one more park. ::)

After an hour or so I got a very deep, goofy sounding signal :icon_scratch: that I thought had a shot at being an injun'.

I dug a very deep plug in the moist, muddy ground...but the probe was still sounding off to the bottom side....so I had to widen the hole some.

BEFORE some of you hammer me for digging a nasty hole ;D....please realize this ground had been plowed in the recent past and there was NO way to properly cut a plug. :dontknow: I had no choice but to dig it out in clumps and pile it on my towel in order to PROPERLY fill and repair the hole once I was done. :icon_thumleft:

From very DEEEEEP as the pics show...out came this clump with a gorgeous GREEN as green gets....Injun' sticking out the side :icon_thumleft:

I normally don't take my camera with me...but had it today so I could take a pic of Roy...so I grabbed it and snapped the 3 shots of this baby.

As you can see...the depth was well over the length of the probe :hello2:....and you can clearly see the detail of the feathers in the headdress from 3 feet away :wink:

I have this critter soaking in olive oil right now...so maybe after a few days I can post some pics of how it came out.

To hunt the whole day for 2 coins...oh yeah...3 if you count the 9" deep memorial cent :laughing9: ;D...might not seem worth it to some of you...but it sure was fun. :icon_thumleft:

I'll say this again too...it seriously wouldn't have mattered if the silver would have been a roosie instead of a seated.....SILVER is SILVER...and I'd have been just as happy :hello:

After the long day...my buddy Hercules hit his bed pillow at the bottom of the stairs while I typed up my post :hello:
cool stuff bryce!!! ,,,still thinking about a mine lab :icon_scratch:,,,,may just have to give one a try,,they are silver killers for sure!!!

art
Thanks Art. They are pretty good machines on deep coins. :wink:

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rockyredbaron said:
Let's see the fruits of your labor !!! A CLOSEUP !!!!!
In due time :wink:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those are some awesome finds! Congratulations! :icon_thumright:

I hate to be THAT guy, but should we be a bit more sensitive about the use of 'Injun'? It is considered to be an offensive term for Native Americans even though it originated in India.
We, as relic hunters should be mindful of that. I am 1/4 Cherokee myself and I'm sure many of our membership have Native American blood running through their veins.

Really, I'm not trying to be a downer, your finds are pretty cool! I've noticed this word on several threads and thought I should mention it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread