My VERY FIRST find!

P

Paul R.

Well, it's not gold, but after digging up a bunch of trash, I found this under my coil.

I hope this is just the beginning...

A 18" Puka necklace wich a shell attached. Has no real value other than to me!

Paul

Attachments

• _MG_7438.jpg
    _MG_7438.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 433
Upvote 0

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet it is just the begining for you. Keep up the hunting and be patient. HH Burdie

L

lohi

This is lohis wife. Great find!!! I don't think your find is worthless. If it is infact an authentic Pooka Shell and not a replica, I was told they are an extinct shell found off the coast of Hawii and the one I have is quite vaulable. The shape of the shell is a great clue. What they call a raw shell has not been modified or filed down. The center is sunk in and it has a lip around the edge. You have a beautiful piece as far as I am concerned. Good luck on future hunts...

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Congrats on that first find, gives an entire new meaning to " ahhhh beep beep" doesn't it lol. Hope the future brings you many more just as exciting.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Paul,

congrat on that first find, nice.

Sure you will have many more interesting finds.

have a good un......

OP
OP
P

Paul R.

cheese said:
Cool! I bet that didn't give a really good signal, huh? Is there any metal other than the clasp? Good job!

Your right, it didn't give much of a signal at all. It was down about 3" in the sand.

Paul

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum, Paul. May this be the first of many successful hunts and exciting posts for us to read! ;)

N

NLINE SIXX

That is a cool looking necklace, very good for first time out.

NL6

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Paul R....nice find and Congrat's,Still have my first set of Pooka's from the late 70's.Maybe "lohi's" right,check into it,you never know..Great find and HH!!

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Don't think that you have to find something under your coil to call it treasure!! MDing is just a small part of treasure hunting.
Keep your eyes open for all kinds of stuff! don't be afraid to bend over a dumpster, or hit a garage sale with a vengeance.
Treasure is where you find it.
Dano.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread