A Centennial Quarter, a silver Rosie, a mangled Washington, a coin silver ring

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Hunted two different places today, a picnic area and an old ballfield, both of which I had hunted before, several times.

The picnic area yielded a couple silvers, including a silver Rosie and a lawn mower mangled Washington quarter. Both were about six inches deep and next to tree roots. Also found an anti-gun dog tag, some clad pieces and pennies.

I then hunted along the edge of an old ball field. I found alot of clad quarters and dimes, but it took a couple hours before I found any silver. But finally I got a high-pitched silver singal about nine inches deep. I was actually in the endzone of a football field. The signal was clipped, like there was a piece of junk next to the target, cutting it off. I was using a small loop so I was able to pinpoint pretty good. I dug a plug down to about ten inches and when I lifted up, I could see a silver disc in the hole. Was really happy to see that seated lady on a really nice 1876 Quarter. There was a piece of can slaw two inches away that was clipping the signal. After another half hour, I got another sweet silver signal about 7-8 inches deep. Turned out to be a little coin silver ring.

Here's the nice Centennial Quarter:

good, bad, ugley 001.JPG good, bad, ugley 002.JPG

The Rosie: good, bad, ugley 003.JPG good, bad, ugley 004.JPG

The mangled Washington:

good, bad, ugley 005.JPG good, bad, ugley 006.JPG

The coin ring: good, bad, ugley 007.JPG

A tag from some anti-gun organization:

good, bad, ugley 008.JPG

Wheat Pennies: good, bad, ugley 009.JPG

Clad Quarters, Dimes and Memorial Pennies:

good, bad, ugley 010.JPG

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there skierbob, nice coins and the seated is in very good shape. I was wondering what machine you used on that hunt and what your opinion is of the three machines you have. Good luck with the deep ones, Herb

OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.

I was using my trusty Minelab Explorer II with a 5 inch Sunray loop today. That's the machine I use most of the time. The Troy Shadow X-3 is my choice for competition hunts. It's very light and easy to swing fast and it pinpoints good. I haven't got much confidence in the Vision yet. Too many adjustments to worry about. It did do alright for me at the beach last year, finally, after one of my geek friends told me how to get rid of the black sand chirping. You wouldn't think that a multi-frequency detector with a beach program would get black sand interference in that program, but it does. HH

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW - Now thats what I call an AWESOME hunt, congrats!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way cool ring and a very nice seated!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob...that Sunray X-5 coi l is a KILLER.
Beautiful quarter you got there :icon_thumleft:...VERY NICE FIND :hello2:

I believe my field test of that Sunray X-5 comes out in western & Eastern treasures magazine in about 3 weeks or so. It was a PLEASURE to test that little critter. :icon_thumleft:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, that seated looks really nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread