Todays finds.......just never know what youll find in your own yard!

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Todays finds.......just never know what you'll find in your own yard!

Sorry about the lack of pictures, the new camera is on it's way, and hopefully it will be here before next weekend..........I Didn't have much time to hunt this weekend, but did manage to get some time in in my own yard. I have hunted my yard pretty heavily, and it is still coughing up the old stuff. We roto-tilled & leveled it 3 years ago ,so depth is no indication. I have dug wheaties at 1/2 inch, and clad quarters at 10 inches.
I am really starting to tweek the settings on the DFX, and think I am starting to really get some depth with it because I was getting good hits where I have been over several times already. Today I ended up with 75 cents in clad, 3 wheaties, and a 1916 Mercury dime!! You can't even begin to imagine how my heart was pounding while I was looking for that "D" mint mark............but it was an "S". It is very very worn out, I guess what they call a "slick" but it's a keeper as far as I'm concerned. I also found a pewter spoon? it is pertty interesting as far as spoons go. I think it is a collectors spoon, you know, the kind you put on a rack. Also found what I think is a leg band for a bird. It is too small for a duck, maybe a pigeon. The band reads..... "WEN 219 AU 19" .... the 19 is sideways ( one on top, nine on bottom....like you would have tilt your head to the right to read) I am ausming the "WEN" is for Wenatchee, which is the town I live in, and maybe the "AU" is for August? I really don't know anything about these leg bands.
Anyways, as soon as the new camera arrives, I will get some pictures up.

Paul

Upvote 0

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: Todays finds.......just never know what you'll find in your own yard!

Wow!! It makes me look forward to the warmer weather even more when I can start going over my own yard. That is exciting, Paul. Look forward to the pictures.

Cheryl

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

way to go SLICK!!!

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Great job Paul! That DFX can handle just about anything. Excellent finds ;D

HH!
TBGO

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That definately is a pigeon bird band. You can check with the American Racing Pigeon Association to find out who owned the bird. I think that's the name of the folks that keep that info. I found one once and they helped me out, but anyway it's easy to fnd on google. That band was placed on the bird in 1991. Monty

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I love those mercuries, don't you? :) It sounds like you have a great place to hunt and you don't even have to buy gas money. ;)

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

I have found a lot in my yard, but the pickings are getting real slim!!......

I hit a new park this morning. It's an old park in the old section of town. Got my first hit after about 3 sweeps........1941 wheat penny!! I'll take that as a good sign. I was only there about 20 minuets, but picked up 67 cents in clad, and the wheatie. I will be there bright & early Saturday morning.

Paul

PS,
Thatks for the info on the bird band Monty! I'll check it out.

N

NLINE SIXX

Nice finds there congrats, I also hunted my mothers backyard Sunday afternoon, well actually around a 1/3 of a acre and found several clad pennies and three matchbox cars from previous orginal owners son buried. Hope to come up with some older coins with this new hunting spot. The little cars were all with in a 3ft square area so I think I've located the orginal owners son play area.He's in his forty's now. Hopefully he was playing Pirate one day and buried some loot in a can or mason jar. :-X ;D

NL6

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good stuff Paul!

Can't wait to see the pics!

;)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looking forward to the pic's HH Burdie

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

The pics will take a little longer than I thought. I had ordered a new camera online Saturday, and had hoped it would be here this week sometime. I received a phone call from the place I ordered it from. They wanted to know If I wanted to buy the $150 battery, or the $200 dollar battery. They also asked if I wanted to purchase the software, or any of the cables. ..................MAJOR SCAM!!!!
The reason I chose to go with a Minolta digital SLR camera is because the lenses I have from my 35mm outfit will fit. These cameras run in the $750-$1000 range, so when I saw it on sale for $599, naturally I jumped at the opportunity. Luckily I was able to cancel the order. SO USE CAUTION WHEN ORDERING CAMERAS ONLINE!!! Make sure the price includes the battery, charger, software, and cables & manuals.

For now, I have decided to send my Minolta DiMage 7hi out to be repaired, so I should be up & running in about a week. The repair shop I use is probably one of the best in the US, They can repair any camera for usually under $100............let me know if any of you need their contact info

Paul

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe I should MD around in my yard again but the way I dig...hate to tear up. ?Sounds like you had a good one. ?Awaiting to see your pics.

HH

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Everything sound's excellent Paul,can't wait to see the pic's..WTG and HH!!

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro

I just found a really cool place to hunt..... It's in Pauls yard......... Nice finds Paul.. I should be able to make it over to your house in about 3 hours or so......lol....

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

I'll wait here while you try to find it!! Just kidding. Let me know if you want to hunt in a drier area than yours.

Paul

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro

I'll be heading to the beach soon. If the weather holds ....Want to get as close to the Columbias mouth without being in Canby State park.....Just in case I find gold coins I want to find them on public beach....lol

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

Just remember that your in Washington State. In other words "you have never found anything with that machine......ever"

Actually, there are a lot of parks that are open to detecting.

Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread