After dozens of fruitless hunts, a silver coin shows up in an unlikely place!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Wow, what a day. I was super busy today with school, rock climbing, helping lead middle school Bible Study, etc, so I didn't get home till a little after 6. I then asked my brother if he wanted to go on a short hunt and after a little debate he agreed to come along. There is a large neighborhood complex very nearby us that is only 30 years old at the oldest, and we were going to hit the soccer fields there. The lacrosse kids were everywhere though, and I knew of a pool and park that were built nearby about 10 years ago. We went there, and I thought we might find some silver jewelry in the lawn by the pool, because people might take it off while swimming. Well about halfway through our hour long my brother starts hooting and hollering and I come over to discover he has found a 1963 D roosevelt dime! Now I realize this is a pretty commonplace silver coin, but it is our first of the year so we were pumped. We have been on dozens of hunts to older sites and already found 43 wheat pennies this year, but we were still looking for our first silver coin. Finally in a short 1 hour hunt, at a 10 year old park we got it. Well thanks for all of you that have been following our posts and encouraging us to keep at it and find our first silver coin of the year. Happy hunting, tear it up this weekend!

-Washingtonian

Attachments

• March 19 001.jpg
    March 19 001.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,030
  • March 19 002.jpg
    March 19 002.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,014
  • March 19 003.jpg
    March 19 003.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,016
Upvote 0

Sim_Player

Jan 12, 2010
Camano Island, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Tesoro Cutlass2
Re: After dozens of fruitless hunts, a silver coin shows up in an unlikely place

I know how ya feel!

I scored a 1963 Silver Canadian Dime in my pocket change from the local Texaco!

Haha!

Jim on Camano

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love that silver! HH
Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread