Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    us
    Sep 2005
    Issaquah, washington
    Whites DFX
    2 times

After dozens of fruitless hunts, a silver coin shows up in an unlikely place!

Wow, what a day. I was super busy today with school, rock climbing, helping lead middle school Bible Study, etc, so I didn't get home till a little after 6. I then asked my brother if he wanted to go on a short hunt and after a little debate he agreed to come along. There is a large neighborhood complex very nearby us that is only 30 years old at the oldest, and we were going to hit the soccer fields there. The lacrosse kids were everywhere though, and I knew of a pool and park that were built nearby about 10 years ago. We went there, and I thought we might find some silver jewelry in the lawn by the pool, because people might take it off while swimming. Well about halfway through our hour long my brother starts hooting and hollering and I come over to discover he has found a 1963 D roosevelt dime! Now I realize this is a pretty commonplace silver coin, but it is our first of the year so we were pumped. We have been on dozens of hunts to older sites and already found 43 wheat pennies this year, but we were still looking for our first silver coin. Finally in a short 1 hour hunt, at a 10 year old park we got it. Well thanks for all of you that have been following our posts and encouraging us to keep at it and find our first silver coin of the year. Happy hunting, tear it up this weekend!

-Washingtonian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March 19 001.jpg 
Views:	952 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	388465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March 19 002.jpg 
Views:	946 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	388466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March 19 003.jpg 
Views:	945 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	388467  

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    76 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Re: After dozens of fruitless hunts, a silver coin shows up in an unlikely place!

Wow great finds.
    And it sounds like you deserve it young man.
    My hats off to you for leading Bible study.
    Look us up if your ever this way my friend.
    You do know we hire good people like you for the summer camp here ....right?

Mike Maggs and Sammie

us
    Jan 2009
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Minelab Explorer SE
    1 times

Re: After dozens of fruitless hunts, a silver coin shows up in an unlikely place!

who cares how old it is.....it's still silver and now your only 1 ahead of me for the year lol

us
    Feb 2008
    Central Texas
    Garrett Ace 250
    1 times

Congratulations on your first silver! May many come soon to follow.

us
    Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
    1226 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Congrats on the first silver!!!!!!!! I saw your post today On mine and Knew that i had to respond On yours Happy hunting!!!!!!
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

us
    Building my empire one Shiny at a time

Dec 2007
    Tacoma, Wa.
    Whites MXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer
    3 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Doesn't matter where ya find it. Its shiny and its yours. lol. Congrats.

JuJu
    Thats gonna itch when it dries.

Mar 2008
    Chicago IL
    Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
    63 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Awesome job!!!
    Come check out my MD'ing videos:
    http://youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend

us
    oddcoins

Jun 2006
    Eugene Oregon
    Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
    121 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

OH YEAH! That's a good start! It might not be very old ~ but it's SILVER! SWEET SILVER!

CONGRAT'S!!
    Got dog tags?  I'm looking for old dog tax tags and dog license tags! From any city, any county, and any state (prefer pre-1970) ~ oddcoins@msn.com

us
    Feb 2010
    Montana
    Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-1 probe Garrett AT Gold
    7 times

Congrats and good luck finding many more!!
    Montana

us
    You stay classy TreasureNet

Oct 2006
    West Haven, UT
    Minelab Explorer SE PRO
    56 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Nice..

I am glad you broke the dry spell.

Last year I hunted a new park and when I got home there was a 1964 dime in my pouch. It must had been a surface find cause I didn't even know there was silver in my pouch.

us
    Oct 2008
    Northern California
    Fisher F75 LTD, Tek Omega, Garrett AT-Pro & Minelab E-trac
    5 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Congrats

The first one is just an ice breaker, now many more will follow

HH,
    Brian
    [color=red] [b]
    Oldest Coin - 1841 Seated Half Dime
    Oldest Relic - Silver plated 1700's Colonial Buckle

us
    Dec 2008
    South Korea
    Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
    14 times

Not "fruitless," as you had found some 40+ wheatbacks......and that is not fruitless.......just "silverless."
    And now that doesn't apply, either. Keep up the good work, swinging the coil, and at your church.
    Can't find it if you're watching tv at home, your machine isn't on, and the head of your detector is pointed up!!

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
    63 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Congrats on your first silver dont ya like the high pitch sound the DFX makes when you hit it of course if you got tone id on HH DD60
    If Mother Earth give,s us precious metals like gold silver copper and iron why leave them in the ground to disappear forever , dig them out and save History !!

4-12-2011 Retired from the Rat Race by Choice

us
    Mar 2009
    Olympia Wa
    White's Id10t
    2 times

Treasure is were you find it!
    what ever your looking for, KEEP DIGGING! Dank

us
    Dig 'em!

Jul 2008
    Federal Way, WA
    V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
    60 times

The real fun is in the hunt, and you guys got a bonus! Good job!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors