gold

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
in the 4 years Ive been hunting Ive found all kinds of colonial coins, large cents, silver and relics but Yesterday I found my first gold ring. I went to a friend of my daughters house to show her father how to detect. I gave him my old machine and told him to hug the sidewalk. He folowed it for a ways but then turned off into the yard. so I folowed the sidewalk behind him and about 20 ft past where he turned I found 2 1934 wheats and this ring.

guess you gotta learn sometime :D

Tim

Attachments

• ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 571
  • 2-5-2006.JPG
    2-5-2006.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 564
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome ring Timmy!? Very pretty. You might want to check out that hole again and see if you can find the missing diamond (at least it looks like it's missing in the pic ?)

HH!
TBGO

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go ....That is one nice ring...What do you think the age is on it? Bring it to the Club Dinner this Sunday!!! Thanks for Posting.......Seeker :D

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice ring, Timmy. It that a different colored stone in the middle or are you missing a stone?

OP
OP
TimmyNY

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
the stone in the middle is missing :(

Gonna be hard to find it now as we've had over a foot of snow over night and there is no sign of it stopping.

Tim

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Nice 1st gold --- mine was a crushed good luck ring -- bet the daughters -- friend's father was both impressed or sorry he didn't hug the sidewalk. ;D

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome ring....I have yet to find a gold one, although I have found 3 fake rings, 2 of them look so fake that they didn't even excite me when I dug them, the other looked kinda real but it was fake too.....it did have sentimental value tho, I found it in my mamaw's flower garden, my mother lost it there over 40 years ago when she was 6 years old....probably my best find to date just cuz it was moms

The diamonds look real too, do you think that they are....although I haven't seen many fake stones set in gold

Congrats!!

HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8) HAHA! 8)

Awesome find Tim!

;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Confucious Say...Never vear off sidewalk..HH

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
That is a very nice looking ring, Congrats on such a great first...
Are ya sure there is a stone missing, and it wasn't just designed that way? Looks good from here either way... ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

JohnRoy

Greenie
Oct 26, 2005
Gosh, I really like this site. I've got one, maybe two, large hose nozzles that I found on my mother-in-law's farm. I don't know if it is brass, but it may be. I did not know that they are collectible, but I put one into the shed where the tractor used to be; I just hope that I can remember where I saw the other one now!

-John

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice hunting,keep hugging those sidewalks

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats Tim. That is a great fealing to pull your first gold ring. I still remember my first one. I was up my uncle's in a farming area. There was a old abandoned house across the creek. I drove over alone. I dug a plug and pulled out a huge gold ring. I was so happy I jumped in my car and nearly lost my tranny on tha bck roads trying to get back to my uncle's house.

Looks to be a nice antique ring. You could probably have that stone replaced and matched up nicely. Once you get the first the rest will follow.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread