Racing pigeon leg band................

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Thanks to a little help from Monty, I was able to identify the leg band. I was reading the date wrong.....The band was from The Wenatchee club, the bird number was 219, and the year it was banded was 1961, and apparently it kamakazied into my yard sometime after that....maybe it was a terrorist attack gone wrong. Or maybe it's miniature exlposive belt pack blew up in mid-flight before reaching it's intended target. I wonder if it's "Black Box" flight data recorder is still out in my yard. I think I should fire up the DFX and see if I can find it!!!!

Just kidding!
Paul

Upvote 0

Klick

Jan 18, 2006
Irving Texas
I was watching on tv last night about a guy who raced pigeons. His favorite bird he spent years training was on a 24 hour race and finaly landed in the guys yard where he would clock in the time by using the leg band. Unforuntaly right as the pigeon landed a cat pounced and it took 45 mins. or so for the owner to locate the bird as the cat ran off with it. Taking the bloody leg to the timer the bird finished 3rd 20 mins behind. :-[

F

fishercz20

LOL, That reminds me of that FEDEX commercial during the SUPER BOWL. That was too Funny!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How many of those do you find!!...WTG..HH!!

carpel

Apr 30, 2005
Midwest
Here are some pigeon bands I've found out in the woods, unfortunately the ammunition shells were with the bands also so I do not think the birds died of natural causes!.

Attachments

• woods1.jpg
    woods1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 849
  • woods2.jpg
    woods2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 672
  • woods1.jpg
    woods1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 300
  • woods2.jpg
    woods2.jpg