unusual cache...

L

lancemxt2006

hey everyone,
got out this weekend with Jer. if you read his post then you'll know that he research a site on a aerial map and we went searching and bam walked directly to it. we didn't even look we just walked to it like we knew it was there and with a quick pound for excitement we started to hunt. unfortunately there were no coins at the site except a few wheat's that Jer turned up. but there was the most iron and relics i have ever dug in just two hunts.

it was still fun though coins or not. the unusual cache was a 3x3 foot area with 9 belt buckles and they were of various types . the other 3 were found around the site. i got a pretty nice broach but i haven't cleaned it to my standard yet. if the scan shows the small amount of gold patina on it that is the color it will be when I'm done with it. lol

haven't gotten everything cleaned to the max tonight because it took me a wile to scan all this stuff. most of it can just be tossed away but like Jer said we show how much we can dig with the whites units, they really do have the all around versatility to find everything in the ground.

This is one of the many early sites to come Jer says so we will keep everyone here at the treasureNet posted.

i also wanted to say congrats. on the superbowl victory for the steelers. it is always awesome to have your home team to win the superbowl. "SUPERBOWL XL CHAMPIONS PITTSBURGH STEELERS "....

Attachments

• cache of buckles.jpg
    cache of buckles.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 659
  • old spoons.jpg
    old spoons.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 662
  • mason lids.jpg
    mason lids.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 661
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

here are the rest of the relics...

Attachments

• bulk relics.jpg
    bulk relics.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 662
  • bulk relics 2.jpg
    bulk relics 2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 647
  • bulk relics 3.jpg
    bulk relics 3.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 630

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you guys found was a large working farm ...With the amount of horse strap buckles and Relics , I would beet that the coins are alot deeper and going back should be very interesting....good luck....!!!!!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow,,, if termites ate metal, they'd starve to death around you two... ;D
I stated to Jeremy in his post if there anything there he was sure to find it. I guess I better include you in on that as well. If there's anything there, I'm sure one of ya's is going to pull it up...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks seeker that is a good explanation for the buckles...

we think that there are coins deeper also and that the iron may be hiding them but there is like a small pond next to the house and then there is what seems to be the intire front yard that we haven't hunted because in is to wet and it is a giant bed of the thickest moss i have ever seen. but we think the coins may be in that section...

who knows???

we will probably go back one or two more times. we clean spots like this out so fast together that we tend to run out of places to hunt.

take it easy seeker

Lance

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks Leon. that is a interesting way to put it. lol

we just really enjoy the hobby so much that we dig targets religiously. lol

take it easy Leon and HH

Lance

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

your right dano...

thanks for the reply...

take it easy and HH

Lance

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations to your Steelers, Lance. Pittsburgh must be a great place to be these days.

Thanks for showing all those relics. They're interesting to look at.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice variety of relic's lance,definetley look's like an old farm of some sort..still some nice stuff..HH!!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lance, that's some awesome looking stuff you got there! Congrats to the Steelers, you guys deserved it after the way the last few seasons ended. I'm a lifelong Pats fan, but once we lost to Denver, I was kind of rooting for the Steelers so the Bus could get his ring. See you in the playoffs in Foxboro next year!!

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Seeker said:
What you guys found was a large working farm ...With the amount of horse strap buckles and Relics , I would beet that the coins are alot deeper and going back should be very interesting....good luck....!!!!!

My idea was that someone threw away or burned a pile of old clothes with belts but I like Seeker's explanation better. They could have thrown away one old harness which would have left several buckles behind after the leather rotted away.

S

southbound

The coins are there, you guys just have to find them! Good luck and great haul. Vern

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks everyone,
i really don't have an explanation on the site but you guys have come up with some pretty good ideas. i appreciate all the replies and i look forward to going back this weekend but not sure if me and Jer can get back this weekend because he has been finding so many cellar holes on maps throughout this week that we have to go check.

we may go back this weekend or we might let it sit for a wile and see what turns up...

i do say the steelers game wasn't the best superbowl and the call on Ben's touchdown may have been no good but even if they didn't get the TD they would have gotten the field goal and still would have outscored the seahawks and won the game.

HH lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread