Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a beautiful day today was. My only day off, I decided to spend a couple hrs at a site that has been producing well. I slowed the DFX down to granny gear and decided to really focus. IT paid off very well. In between the iron grunts I found another marine button (Not but 3 ft away from the other one I recently found). I figured with just this button alone, my hunt has been a success....but 30 minutes later cruising along at a whoppin 00000.9 mph I got a nice chirp in between the nails and iron....I scanned from every direction and got iron, but a consistent chirp at penny/dime. Not a good signal, but what the heck....I dig down, use my pinpointer...square nail...ahhh...I stand back up...rescan the hole....SOLID penny/dime to quarter signal......I run my pinpointer back in the hole and there it was, this beautiful 1827 Large Cent at 6 inches deep. I'm very happy. So I start up again...cruising along...got the nice designed button...happier......So, then I decided to focus some attention in between the cellar hole and the barn foundation, the barn hole is pretty far away from the homesites so I picked a line and started swingin....I get all the way to the barn...which way to go? left or right...I went right and about 40 ft away from the barn site I got a beautiful Penny/Dime signal 5.5 inches.....I carefully dig my plug (assuming everything is a coin) and sure enough, the pinpointer buzzes and out pops this colonial copper! I was very excited now, I've never dug 2 coppers in one hunt! What a great feeling!.....pretty sure my wife is gonna be upset with me I decided to take on more pass back towards the cellar holes and call it day....half way to the cellar hole...I get a nice screwcap reading and out pops this neat flat button....It has a London backmark and on the back it says no.13.....It once had something on the front....I'd like to think that this was a military button...but I don't know.....anyhow...Could someone please help me ID the colonial copper? I'm not certain of what it is. Thanks for lookin!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 554
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 534
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 533
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 547
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 553
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 544
Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffy said:
What a beautiful day today was. My only day off, I decided to spend a couple hrs at a site that has been producing well. I slowed the DFX down to granny gear and decided to really focus. IT paid off very well. In between the iron grunts I found another marine button (Not but 3 ft away from the other one I recently found). I figured with just this button alone, my hunt has been a success....but 30 minutes later cruising along at a whoppin 00000.9 mph I got a nice chirp in between the nails and iron....I scanned from every direction and got iron, but a consistent chirp at penny/dime. Not a good signal, but what the heck....I dig down, use my pinpointer...square nail...ahhh...I stand back up...rescan the hole....SOLID penny/dime to quarter signal......I run my pinpointer back in the hole and there it was, this beautiful 1827 Large Cent at 6 inches deep. I'm very happy. So I start up again...cruising along...got the nice designed button...happier......So, then I decided to focus some attention in between the cellar hole and the barn foundation, the barn hole is pretty far away from the homesites so I picked a line and started swingin....I get all the way to the barn...which way to go? left or right...I went right and about 40 ft away from the barn site I got a beautiful Penny/Dime signal 5.5 inches.....I carefully dig my plug (assuming everything is a coin) and sure enough, the pinpointer buzzes and out pops this colonial copper! I was very excited now, I've never dug 2 coppers in one hunt! What a great feeling!.....pretty sure my wife is gonna be upset with me I decided to take on more pass back towards the cellar holes and call it day....half way to the cellar hole...I get a nice screwcap reading and out pops this neat flat button....It has a London backmark and on the back it says no.13.....It once had something on the front....I'd like to think that this was a military button...but I don't know.....anyhow...Could someone please help me ID the colonial copper? I'm not certain of what it is. Thanks for lookin!

Can you take a picture of the backmark for us? I am a connoisseur of button backmarks and would like to see which

company made this button :icon_thumleft: :wink:

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
Sniffy said:

Can you take a picture of the backmark for us? I am a connoisseur of button backmarks and would like to see which

company made this button :icon_thumleft: :wink:
This button is exactly like the last one....(on the top) Scovills (on the bottom) Waterbury

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Congrats on the two coppers. I dug my first Reale today. I really like the button.
Dman

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The man we like to call Sniffy proved he is on the Colonial scent. :icon_thumleft: You are proving to be a great hunter. Keep flipping dirt and the coppers will flip. :wink:

Kirk

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
The man we like to call Sniffy proved he is on the Colonial scent. :icon_thumleft: You are proving to be a great hunter. Keep flipping dirt and the coppers will flip. :wink:

Kirk
Thanks Kirk! looking forward to seeing all your videos!

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I love the Georgie and largie, Sniffy! You are having a great year so far! Keep it up!

Mar 19, 2003
Summerfield Fla.
Detector(s) used
XSII,Excalibur,Ace 250,Shadow X-5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Another great day. British King George III (Circa. 1770-1775)

....dedicated to you and your hot coil!

Hey little girl is daddy home did he go and leave you all alone, I got a bad desire, I had to go, my coil is on fire. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJQgwqojirs

:hello2: :hello2: :laughing7: great finds :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KylePA said:
I love the Georgie and largie, Sniffy! You are having a great year so far! Keep it up!
Thanks man, by the looks of these videos....your havin an awesome year to! Lookin forward to the videos. It may even inspire me to film the good signals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread