Not todays but last week Sunday

Gold_pinger

Mar 3, 2004
Not today's but last week Sunday

After a couple days of playing around with my new MXT and not finding much in the dirt I headed down to the beach (8/29) for some water time with the Surf PI. Four hours in the water and all I had to show for it was $0.11 cents and a junk ring. Well I thought it was a junk ring.
When I checked it again at home found out it wasn't junk at all. Tested good on my diamond testor. Looked so good after cleaning I had it appraised. Though it's not the biggest Diamond I ever found It's certainly the best quality. Gotta love those Japanese tourists and the high quality jewerly they leave behind.

Upvote 0

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
Re: Not today's but last week Sunday

Very Nice goldpinger!! Are you going to be doing some dry land stuff now with your new mxt? Good Luck!!! HHH

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

WTG!!!,
I guess that machine has already paid for itself, and then some, huh? ;D
Very Nice...Happy Hunting!!!

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Excellent find!

Hmmm... does platinum tarnish?? What did it look like before you cleaned it? Any idea how long it had been there?

OP
OP
G

Gold_pinger

Mar 3, 2004

lab rat said:
Excellent find!

Hmmm... does platinum tarnish?? What did it look like before you cleaned it?? Any idea how long it had been there?

I found it under about 6 inches of sand buried in the red mud just after leaving the water.It was dark, I didn't have my glasses on. Before I washed it with soap and water it looked like a dirt clod. No idea how long it had been there. I have passed my coil over that spot many times before, but the sand is useally
several feet deep there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions