14 KT 26 Diamond Dinner Ring APRAISAL IS $5,000.00

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dad, Myself and Scallywags started the day out, with not much luck until we had to leave, for his appointment. Dad managed a sterling ring with two small diamonds on each side. an antique tootsie toy and a few clads. Scallywags got himself a beautiful small solid lead dump truck. I think it dates before the Tootsie toys ? Anyway, with the sun still high in the air, I decided to try a piece of a Beach closer to home. I have hunted here in the past but the water was very far out this time. Rite off the bat it was a piece that I could tell was virgin ground. We just don't see that here in New England to much. I hunted about 3 hours and had the place to myself. I will list some of the better items. There are to many to say. 3 Indian Head Penny's, about 15 Wheaties,4 Buffalo Nickels,One Barber Dime,One Silver Roosevelt Dime, One Standing Liberty Quarter, & One Barber Quarter. Now for the goodies, One Lead Solger with some of the paint still on it. One Brass Ring, A broken Junk Ring, also a piece of jewelry that seems to have 2 red rubies attached to it, & my FAVORITE.... WOMANS DIAMOND RING ..... 14 KT GOLD I keep losing count, I think it has a total of 26 or so Diamonds. WOW what a day it turned out to be. With these three rings today that makes 6,7,& 8 for this season.Thanks for looking and enjoy. Whydah.

Attachments

• DSC_0076.JPG
    DSC_0076.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 6,492
Upvote 1
OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Silver Surfer, Thanks for the votes for sure. It certainly has made me a Happy Hunter for sure this season.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
ASH, you can have a few...... LOLOLOL After all Diamonds are a girls best friend aren't they?

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is totally Awesome :icon_thumleft: beautiful ring $5000 ? i be over in the fields in England for a week or 2 :laughing7: Great find Dd60

blai745

May 5, 2010
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 14 KT 26 Diamond Dinner Ring

Whydah said:
Thanks Digger , I had it apraised today, and the jeweler is saying, that if I were to buy it brand new today, it would be in the $5,000.00 range, If I were to try and sell it privately, I might get somewhere around $3,500.00. Truly a great find for me this season... Enjoy... WHYDAH
That jeweler is really going overboard with that...Im a gold buyer and diamonds values have plumeted due to the economy, Especially since yours are quite small.. I think if that ring was sold privately and the gold value was $150, You might sell the ring for $250-$300...dont believe me, Go EBAY it and see how much you'll get.

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: That's real nice.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats On Your finds & BANNER!
Surely would have voted you in, but that banner is spinning like a top lately!
Re: previous value post, don't let the XBay fake chinese ring auctions fool you.
Appraisal & sale prices you stated are in the ballpark, ya just need the right buyer.
Hope you'll be getting back there, if not, PM me & I'll come down from NH & clean up the leftovers! Good Day & More Great Digs To You! :hello2:

blai745

May 5, 2010
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steelheadwill said:
Congrats On Your finds & BANNER!
Surely would have voted you in, but that banner is spinning like a top lately!
Re: previous value post, don't let the XBay fake chinese ring auctions fool you.
Appraisal & sale prices you stated are in the ballpark, ya just need the right buyer.
Hope you'll be getting back there, if not, PM me & I'll come down from NH & clean up the leftovers! Good Day & More Great Digs To You! :hello2:
I was using ebay as an example..Plus you gotta be a ill informed shopper to pay $350 for a totally fake ring... And as to find the right buyer nowadays people wont overpay a ring by a thousand dollars unless there of coures a ILLinformed Shopper.

lidigger

Sep 4, 2010
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, White's BeachHunter 300, White's Prizm IV, White's Bullseye II Pointer (x2)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love the water!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread