Found 1807 Reale (My First) + Colonial Finds KIRKPA WAS RIGHT

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
VOL1266x and I went back to the colonial site we have been hunting. KIRKPA saw my other post and said there should be old silver there. He was right! I dug the 1807 Reale from about 8 inches. The 1807 Reale is the first Reale I have ever dug. I also dug 4 flat buttons, 3 were about the size of a penny, the other was a cuff button. I found 4 buckles, I think 3 are shoe buckles, one an equipment buckle. Vol dug an Eagle button with gold gilt on it. He used about half of my bottle of water to clean it up. He thought it may have been a Civil War New York button. He was all excited using my water up. He realized it was an Eagle button and handed it to me to look at. I then realized it was a World War II Eagle button. Vol went from being elated to disgusted in a matter of seconds. I wished he had used his own drink to clean his button with. I also dug a carved .69 caliber bullet. It looks like the soldier cut off the base and carved notches in it. I later found a couple of old knives and a Burnside bullet. The last thing I found was a glass bottle. There was a piece of iron next to it and that is why I got lucky and found the milk bottle at about 6 inches deep. I think there once was a dairy close by. Thanks for looking.
Dman

Attachments

• DSC01073.JPG
    DSC01073.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 892
  • DSC01081.JPG
    DSC01081.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 901
  • DSC01076.JPG
    DSC01076.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 897
  • DSC01077.JPG
    DSC01077.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 910
  • DSC01078.JPG
    DSC01078.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 891
Upvote 0

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Congrats on the reale. It looks to be in pretty nice condition too 8)

L

lovedigging

Doug, That's an awesome coin! I was wondering though, Do I need to send Quindy some bottles of water? :laughing7:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Charles the IV Reale! Congrats on your first :wink: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
tcooper1 said:
Doug, That's an awesome coin! I was wondering though, Do I need to send Quindy some bottles of water? :laughing7:
You might need to. All he brings is Mountain Dews. I hope you are finding some good stuff at DIV. I have seen your posts.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dman,
You must have forgotten your glasses again. That's a Washington quarter. Send it to me & I'll give you 30 cents for it. ::) :wink:
Just kidding. You are THE MAN!!! That is such a great find. Congrats on the Spanish Silver.
I remember Kirk or Kyle saying there would be old silver at that CW / Colonial spot. They were dead on. :thumbsup:
You & Q are tearing it up lately. :occasion14:
-Doug-

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your hot right now dman ! A reale is right near the top of my wish list ! You must be pumped up ! ;D ;D ;D ;D Ear to ear ! Sincere congrads !! MaineRelic.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your reale! :icon_thumright:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am going to start charging you a guide fee. As usual, you had NO GLASSES and when you yelled "Silver", I thought you had lost your horse again-LOL. When I pulled the thin coin out of the clod and rubbed the dirt off, you thought I was kidding when I told you it was a Reale. I know you have always wanted to find one and I'm glad I was there to see it.
Yeah, I went from glad to mad over the Great Seal cuff button. It was full gold gilt too. I had to settle for 2 flat buttons (one had a 8 point star on it), an iron buckle, .69 cal. 3 ringer, .69 cal. round ball, .52 cal. ball cut in two, 1970 nickel, and a fired pistol ball. Not worth posting. Todd, I did not want to waste my Diet MT. Dew cleaning the button!!!
It was your day today-WTG!!!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Actually, your coin is a 1/2 real, not a 1 real. The 1/2 real is noted by a simple "R"; the 1 real would show "I R".
The coin is .896 fine silver and should measure about 18mm in diameter. Mexico City Mint. Nice coin; great find!
Don.....

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Dman,

Congrats on your first real. Very cool. The second one always comes faster than the first...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impossible! Kirk is never right!

Always nice to have the first out of the way! :thumbsup:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome, Dman, on the Spanish silver!!!! I knew you guys would dig one on that site in old TN. :headbang: You guys have great Colonial history and I would love to see you dig on more of these sites.

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey Doug,

Congrats on finding your first Reale!! :hello2: :hello2:
It's a find you will surely never forget!

Take care,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o BURT! :o

:o OH MY GOSH! What a stunning find!!!! :icon_pirat: I want one too! :D Dang, you did good! You gotta start wearing those glasses! I hope you're back out there today looking for another. Heck, maybe Brad will find one too!! Just WoW! :love10: Love that find!!! Many congrats to ya!

yersoawesome.gif

ps.. MM...I'll bring a case of water, you run by Walmart and get Burt a pair of glasses. :D

Nana

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread