Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff! That one item in the first picture looks a lot like the saddle cinch or whatever it was that I found. Is it brass or iron based? Which area did you find this in? Good to see you back on line. Monty

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found three tokens! What do they say?

Glad you got your computer back!

Congrats on your finds!

;)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty that is not a cinch. They place those every few yards so people can hold on to some thing. The wind blow so damn hard down there. ::) ::) Hey stoney I didn't know you and Nana had a thing go'n with the shells and bullets. Nice race car did you drive it yet? OK I'm jealous neat finds. HH Burdie

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice variety stoney,the tokens look pretty cool..What do they read?No computer..No treasurenet..No way!!!HH!!

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Monty said:
Nice stuff!? That one item in the first picture looks a lot like the saddle cinch or whatever it was that I found.? Is it brass or iron based?? Which area did you find this in?? Good to see you back on line.? Monty
Monty, the cinch looking thing was found in the Buyout. It's iron based which ruled out my 1st thought of a parachute pull ring. The only other thing that comes to mind is a D handle for an old storm cellar door. ???

Nana, I had posted something about the token before but was on the shop computer so no pics were available. Two of them are Oklahoma Old Age Assistance tokens, I think they are similar to the ones you found. The other one is a local token that says: McCracken Dairy*Good For 1/2 Pint of Cream*Ponca City, Okla.

Burdie, ROFL--you ain't kiddin' about the wind, I know you've seen some of it a while back. What can I say about the cartridges--I didn't want Nana to feel like she was the only one to find a few. ;D As for the car, I think it was played with so much they wore the tires off it.

Haupin, I kind like it also. I think it must of been a part of an old wind up alarm clock. ???

Civilman, the tokens read pretty high-up to about 9 on disc since they're aluminum. As for no computer--I had access to the net from the shop computer but couldn't post pics or get on it much, only during breaks or for a bit after work. If the DT's got too bad I could always access TNet from my cell phone but didn't want a BIG phone bill. ;)

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
There was also a neat little jar. I barely recall seeing one in my grandmother's cabinet. It's a Vaseline jar that's embossed and says---Trade Mark**Vaseline**Chesborough**New York
I'm pretty sure it's common but still kind of neat. There were also a couple of wheaties from the 40's and 50's and a 1950P rosie. But you all know what they look like. :D

Tnx Art. Sherm, I had a problem with this puter and gave it to a buddy who said he could fix it but after almost 2 weeks, I got tired of his excuses and got it back and reformatted it myself. Lost a few things, including my mind but think I can put it all back together.

Attachments

• vaseline jar.JPG
    vaseline jar.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 173

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Nice finds Stoney,,, WTG!!!
I don't think I've ever seen a jar like that, probably before my time... All the vasiline jars I have ever seen were retangular in shape...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
What are the markings on the bottom the Matchbox car? Worn out, sure, but the right car is is still worth something.

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
nhbenz said:
What are the markings on the bottom the Matchbox car? Worn out, sure, but the right car is is still worth something.

It's a Hot Wheels 1979 Hong Kong. I'm afraid it's newer than a Red Line if not mistaken.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread