Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KKC got out on Sunday to a new site that Kyle has been talking about for sometime. I remember he mentioned it last year in November, but we just didn't get around to hitting it until now. I sure am glad to hit it this year though. :icon_thumleft: 2010 is already off to a great start!

Once we got in the field, we noticed thousands of pottery sherds, brick, and clam shells. :headbang: :hello2: We immediately started getting excited. The iron patch was extensive as well and we could tell it is hiding many targets.

I got the 1st copper for the day. This one did not pinpoint well due to the iron. It turned out to be a Connecticut copper. The letters "L I " are evident on the reverse of the coin. :icon_thumleft:

My 2nd copper was an iffy hit and after taking a square nail out of the hole, the signal jumped to "Dime." I was thinking, "Sweet!" :headbang: As you can see on the video, it turned out to be a good one (1807 Draped Bust half cent).

The Bonanza was starting to happen for KKC. The coppers started to flow in after my 2nd copper. My 3rd copper was an exciting find nonetheless. It is a King George II that looks to have been cut intentionally or chopped by the plow. I am guessing in the 1700s, someone at this site needed small change and decided to cut it. :wink:

The day ended with another Connecticut copper, but this one was in better condition. We were once again spastic with passion. I ended the day with 4 coppers and 4 buttons (1:1 button to copper ratio). LOL

KKC hit the lottery on this site! Since there is so much iron and the coppers are popping up in areas we have already hit, we are going to slow down this week and pluck out some more. Kyle's research is quite interesting on this site and we know there was a lot of occupation on it back in the late-1700s to the early-1800s. :wink:

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Thursday Update: I hope this cold passes soon. :-\

Attachments

• March Bonanza 001.jpg
    March Bonanza 001.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 822
  • March Bonanza 006.jpg
    March Bonanza 006.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 827
  • DSCF3010.JPG
    DSCF3010.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 831
  • DSCF3017.JPG
    DSCF3017.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 832
  • March Bonanza 2 002.JPG
    March Bonanza 2 002.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 805
Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: 1st Colonial Bonanza for 2010 *Video Included*

YOOOOOOOOOO Kirk'dude AWESOME colonial coppA recoveries video :headbang:

Fun to watch as you unearth the Connecticuts , the halfie , and the KG ... sort of like listening to someone frantic making a 911 call ! You had the just dug coppA hand shakes ! :laughing9: Gotta love it !

I must point out its pronounced CoppA .. not CoppeR

Kick AZZ beginning to the 2010 season ....

D. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Derek752 said:

Fun to watch as you unearth the Connecticuts , the halfie , and the KG ... sort of like listening to someone frantic making a 911 call ! You had the just dug coppA hand shakes ! :laughing9: Gotta love it !

Yoooo, D. Dude, when we said we had the passion, we ain't lying. This is what KKC does all the time. We are spazzers in other words. LOL We are going to rock this site until there are no more signals. When I say that, I mean it. No signals at all!

I hope the hot world is treating you well. You must get back to the USA though and do some Colonial dirt flipping.

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks everyone for the replies. I made a new video for your pleasure. Check the original post. :)

Kirk

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Kirk PA said:
Derek752 said:

Yoooo, D. Dude, when we said we had the passion, we ain't lying. This is what KKC does all the time. We are spazzers in other words. LOL We are going to rock this site until there are no more signals. When I say that, I mean it. No signals at all!

I hope the hot world is treating you well. You must get back to the USA though and do some Colonial dirt flipping.

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

I MISS diggin colonial ANYTHING :BangHead: :sad5: :BangHead:

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Was that Hugh Hefner at the playboy mansion in the latest video? Where was the pipe and robe? :laughing9:

I think my cold finally passed. It took 4 days though. I am ready to plunder that field this Sunday.

Kirk

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some oldies but goodies :icon_thumleft: Nice coppers seems PA this week is the copper capital .Good Hunt Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions