Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KKC got out on Sunday to a new site that Kyle has been talking about for sometime. I remember he mentioned it last year in November, but we just didn't get around to hitting it until now. I sure am glad to hit it this year though. :icon_thumleft: 2010 is already off to a great start!

Once we got in the field, we noticed thousands of pottery sherds, brick, and clam shells. :headbang: :hello2: We immediately started getting excited. The iron patch was extensive as well and we could tell it is hiding many targets.

I got the 1st copper for the day. This one did not pinpoint well due to the iron. It turned out to be a Connecticut copper. The letters "L I " are evident on the reverse of the coin. :icon_thumleft:

My 2nd copper was an iffy hit and after taking a square nail out of the hole, the signal jumped to "Dime." I was thinking, "Sweet!" :headbang: As you can see on the video, it turned out to be a good one (1807 Draped Bust half cent).

The Bonanza was starting to happen for KKC. The coppers started to flow in after my 2nd copper. My 3rd copper was an exciting find nonetheless. It is a King George II that looks to have been cut intentionally or chopped by the plow. I am guessing in the 1700s, someone at this site needed small change and decided to cut it. :wink:

The day ended with another Connecticut copper, but this one was in better condition. We were once again spastic with passion. I ended the day with 4 coppers and 4 buttons (1:1 button to copper ratio). LOL

KKC hit the lottery on this site! Since there is so much iron and the coppers are popping up in areas we have already hit, we are going to slow down this week and pluck out some more. Kyle's research is quite interesting on this site and we know there was a lot of occupation on it back in the late-1700s to the early-1800s. :wink:

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Thursday Update: I hope this cold passes soon. :-\

Attachments

• March Bonanza 001.jpg
    March Bonanza 001.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 822
  • March Bonanza 006.jpg
    March Bonanza 006.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 827
  • DSCF3010.JPG
    DSCF3010.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 831
  • DSCF3017.JPG
    DSCF3017.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 832
  • March Bonanza 2 002.JPG
    March Bonanza 2 002.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 805
Upvote 0

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: 1st Colonial Bonanza for 2010 *Video Included*

great day, Kirk.
that looks like one of those spots that one could get hit in the head by a flying Vermont Copper if one wasn't paying attention.
i hope ya get hit by 6 or 7!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

You guys are off to a terrific start this year!

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

You cleaned house on Sunday, bro. That 1807 halfie is sweeeeet!! I know there's another one or two lurking in the ground at this site!

Let's hit it again even harder next time! We must!!

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great finds, I am sure there are going to be more coppers found there.

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

KylePA said:
You cleaned house on Sunday, bro. That 1807 halfie is sweeeeet!! I know there's another one or two lurking in the ground at this site!

Let's hit it again even harder next time! We must!!

We dug 3 Connecticut coppers out of one small site. :headbang: Iron Patch, we have a claim here. :laughing7: When this site is cleaned out, I have a feeling another state copper is going to pop up. I will bet on it being another Connecticut. :laughing7:

My passion is high!

Kirk

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

After I clean the drool off my keyboard I'll be fine, lol... Awesome finds as usual. Thanks for sharing the trip with us.

DANGLANGLEY

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

dwayne sueno said:
great day, Kirk.
that looks like one of those spots that one could get hit in the head by a flying Vermont Copper if one wasn't paying attention.
i hope ya get hit by 6 or 7!

I could see a Connecticut copper slamming us on the melons. :D Thanks for responding!

Kirk

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats friggin awesome...way to go fellas! I think I may go get a camera now...this will be fun.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great day and excellent finds! I'm hoping for a day like that soon! Congrats.......Hogge

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You guys have an uncanny ability to research and FIND those productive stes. Awesome recoveries. We talked about you guys yesterday right after Dman found his first Reale. Enjoy more great hunts Gentlemen.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lucky Lucky... you guys will make your Spring just with that site! I bet there's still something great to dig there! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Iron Patch said:
Lucky Lucky... you guys will make your Spring just with that site! I bet there's still something great to dig there! :thumbsup:

I am guessing there has to be at least 20+ coppers in this field. We did not expand much out of the iron patch. My 1st copper was dug on the fringe of the extreme iron, but the other 9 were dug in the heart of it. Our goal is just to pop more out on Sunday.

Kirk

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:

When we were standing at our cars at the end of the day, I said, "Guys, look at the site we hunted today. The best artifact is still left to be found!" I think you're right, IP. Something special may be lurking here!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kirk PA said:
Iron Patch said:

I am guessing there has to be at least 20+ coppers in this field. We did not expand much out of the iron patch. My 1st copper was dug on the fringe of the extreme iron, but the other 9 were dug in the heart of it. Our goal is just to pop more out on Sunday.

Kirk

Then you are far from done! The iron will hold the majority of good targets but is far from tapped considering the masking that is happening, and once you start to break away there will be more on the outside. This is a field that you will hit for many years because the plow will keep moving it around and exposing more. It's certainly a spot that could have that Rev oor GW button!

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Iron Patch said:
Kirk PA said:
Iron Patch said:

Kirk

Then you are far from done! The iron will hold the majority of good targets but is far from tapped considering the masking that is happening, and once you start to break away there will be more on the outside. This is a field that you will hit for many years because the plow will keep moving it around and exposing more. It's certainly a spot that could have that Rev oor GW button!

We are stoked that the site could be plowed. If it is, we will be back in the Fall to search for what the plow churned up. You should see all the foundation stones in the field and along the side of it where the farmer put them. I will get a small vid of them in the field on Sunday to show you. I hope we can surpass our 28 copper site from last year. This site holds more potential due to the fact that it contains more iron. It should be fun to see what else is excavated on Sunday. I am crossing my Colonial fingers.

Kirk

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:

When we were standing at our cars at the end of the day, I said, "Guys, look at the site we hunted today. The best artifact is still left to be found!" I think you're right, IP. Something special may be lurking here!

I have to start reading your replies first. Yes, I think so too, and just messaged you that thought.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250

Can you imagine the number of coppers that must still be at this site :o There is still a mountain of stuff to recover there!

The colonial crew is back to work :headbang:

Swing low and slow my colonial brother and bring us more video !!!

VPR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread