Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

May 2009
    Pennsylvania
    68 times
    Relic Hunting

1st Colonial Bonanza for 2010 *Video Included* *Thursday Update Video*

KKC got out on Sunday to a new site that Kyle has been talking about for sometime. I remember he mentioned it last year in November, but we just didn't get around to hitting it until now. I sure am glad to hit it this year though. 2010 is already off to a great start!

Once we got in the field, we noticed thousands of pottery sherds, brick, and clam shells. We immediately started getting excited. The iron patch was extensive as well and we could tell it is hiding many targets.

I got the 1st copper for the day. This one did not pinpoint well due to the iron. It turned out to be a Connecticut copper. The letters "L I " are evident on the reverse of the coin.

My 2nd copper was an iffy hit and after taking a square nail out of the hole, the signal jumped to "Dime." I was thinking, "Sweet!" As you can see on the video, it turned out to be a good one (1807 Draped Bust half cent).

The Bonanza was starting to happen for KKC. The coppers started to flow in after my 2nd copper. My 3rd copper was an exciting find nonetheless. It is a King George II that looks to have been cut intentionally or chopped by the plow. I am guessing in the 1700s, someone at this site needed small change and decided to cut it.

The day ended with another Connecticut copper, but this one was in better condition. We were once again spastic with passion. I ended the day with 4 coppers and 4 buttons (1:1 button to copper ratio). LOL

KKC hit the lottery on this site! Since there is so much iron and the coppers are popping up in areas we have already hit, we are going to slow down this week and pluck out some more. Kyle's research is quite interesting on this site and we know there was a lot of occupation on it back in the late-1700s to the early-1800s.

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Thursday Update: I hope this cold passes soon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March Bonanza 001.jpg 
Views:	715 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	390418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March Bonanza 006.jpg 
Views:	712 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	390419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3010.JPG 
Views:	719 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	390420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3017.JPG 
Views:	713 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	390421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March Bonanza 2 002.JPG 
Views:	690 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	390433  

Keep the passion high!

Mar 2008
    upstate ny
    se pro
    5 times
    dirty pennies
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: 1st Colonial Bonanza for 2010 *Video Included*

great day, Kirk.
    that looks like one of those spots that one could get hit in the head by a flying Vermont Copper if one wasn't paying attention.
    i hope ya get hit by 6 or 7!
    dirty pennies...

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    White's V3i Excalibur 1000, Teknetics T2 SE
    252 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

You guys are off to a terrific start this year!

us
    Oct 2007
    Pascagoula Ms.
    minelab exp.
    33 times

This stuff is gettin goooooooood

us
    May 2009
    White's XL Pro 6000
    3 times
    Banner Finds (1)

You cleaned house on Sunday, bro. That 1807 halfie is sweeeeet!! I know there's another one or two lurking in the ground at this site!

Let's hit it again even harder next time! We must!!

us
    Apr 2009
    Maryland
    Minelab CTX3030
    45 times
    Relic Hunting

Great finds, I am sure there are going to be more coppers found there.

May 2009
    Pennsylvania
    68 times
    Relic Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by KylePA
    You cleaned house on Sunday, bro. That 1807 halfie is sweeeeet!! I know there's another one or two lurking in the ground at this site!

Let's hit it again even harder next time! We must!!

We dug 3 Connecticut coppers out of one small site. Iron Patch, we have a claim here. When this site is cleaned out, I have a feeling another state copper is going to pop up. I will bet on it being another Connecticut.

My passion is high!

Kirk
    Keep the passion high!

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2006
    Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
    Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
    62 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

After I clean the drool off my keyboard I'll be fine, lol... Awesome finds as usual. Thanks for sharing the trip with us.

DANGLANGLEY
    Disclaimer: The views or opinions of this patient are not necessarily the same as those held by the owners or staff of this facility.
    He sometimes escapes his padded cell. If this patient is contacting you against your wishes please tell him to discontinue immediately.
    Signed, Dr. Ima Quack

us
    Mar 2003
    Summerfield Fla.
    XSII,Excalibur,Ace 250,Shadow X-5

Great coppers and video Kirk

May 2009
    Pennsylvania
    68 times
    Relic Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by dwayne sueno
    great day, Kirk.
    that looks like one of those spots that one could get hit in the head by a flying Vermont Copper if one wasn't paying attention.
    i hope ya get hit by 6 or 7!
    I could see a Connecticut copper slamming us on the melons. Thanks for responding!

Kirk
    Keep the passion high!

us
    Mar 2009
    Connecticut
    Prizm III Teknetics T2
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Thats friggin awesome...way to go fellas! I think I may go get a camera now...this will be fun.

Great day and excellent finds! I'm hoping for a day like that soon! Congrats.......Hogge
    1783 CFT. KG III 1/2 Penny (25-83A)-1 of 3 known *Sold $3,750, Vermont Landscape Coppers Ryder 6 *Sold $760, Ryder7 (Avatar)** Sold $1,275*,1st Batt Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Sling Belt Tip* SOLD $1,583*,(3)- GW Inaugural Buttons-2-Cobb# 17-J.* Sold both--$405 and $400. *GW Button Cobb 17-I-*Sold $316- New Jersey Copper M14-J Sold $125- Continental Army Button *Sold $800.....To be continued

Charter Member

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    1344 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

You guys have an uncanny ability to research and FIND those productive stes. Awesome recoveries. We talked about you guys yesterday right after Dman found his first Reale. Enjoy more great hunts Gentlemen.
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

Lucky Lucky... you guys will make your Spring just with that site! I bet there's still something great to dig there!

May 2009
    Pennsylvania
    68 times
    Relic Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch

Lucky Lucky... you guys will make your Spring just with that site! I bet there's still something great to dig there!
    I am guessing there has to be at least 20+ coppers in this field. We did not expand much out of the iron patch. My 1st copper was dug on the fringe of the extreme iron, but the other 9 were dug in the heart of it. Our goal is just to pop more out on Sunday.

Kirk
    Keep the passion high!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors