Creepiest, yet coolest find

gtfd47

Apr 10, 2007
Northeast MA
Detector(s) used
Whites spectrum xlt
Went out for the first time, this season, sunday past...spent a few hours with the wife digging bottles at a dump I had found previously...Earliest bottle I have pulled so far dates to around 1850...flipped out a dozen or so bottles and brought them home to clean...I usually let them soak out for a while...Inspecting the goods last night, I find a small bottle with an intact cork pushed in...the contents of the bottle appear to be a clump of something...I wipe away some of the mud and SOB, its a clump of hair...naturally, a little weirded out, start looking up what the heck it could be...as it appears and from what I have read, it is a witch bottle...if you dont know what it is...look it up...freaky, but equally cool...Pictures really dont show much other than a brown clump in a dirty bottle...dumb question, but anyone ever come across one before?

Upvote 0

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
there was a period before the worm that many southern alcoholic drinks had hair in the bottom instead.
i've tried such a bottle, and i prefer the worm...

rogues71

May 9, 2009
mesa az
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
if the witch bottle contain dirt, glass ,nails, and various objects, yes i have had experience with them before being from mass myself. in the religion they bury these with a certain intent or desire, and wait for results while performing the intended ritual, spooky :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread