First day of spring break! Found a Silver relgious medallion and a silver ring!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hello everyone! Man it is good to go outside for a change! I have been stuck inside for the past couple of weeks studying for finals and let me tell you its no walk in the park. This quarter I ended up with two A's and a B. Now I have a close to a 3.7gpa. I will check, but right now it is a 3.6gpa. Well, I met Washingtonian at his place and we headed off to Seattle around 11:30am yesterday. I was surprised to see that he actually had some parking strip medians around Seattle that he wanted to hunt.

Well as soon as we got there, he took the left side and I conquered the right side. My third signal turned out to be a ring and it looked silver, but at that time we were not sure. I then put it in my pouch and started hunting again. Wheat pennies after Wheat pennies started popping up out of the ground like nowhere. Halfway in the median, I get a really good small dime signal and dug a hole. I ended up staring at a really cool religious medallion! I have never found one this year yet, so I thought that was neat. I then looked below the picture on the medallion on the back to find out that it read Sterling! I got even more excited because it was my first true silver of the hunt! :)

Anyways, we finished up the day and I found 9 wheaties, a silver religious medallion and what turned out to be a silver ring. I also found a WA tax token, but no one cares about those anymore.

Now at the time, I did not know the ring was silver so today after doing all my car maintenance errands like getting the oil changed ext, I went to the coin shop to get the ring tested. Since I needed to pick up some coin holders anyways, I thought why not kill two birds with one stone. I got to the coin shop, bought my coin holders and everyone was happy to see me. The people who worked there were surprised to see me come in because they have not seen me in a year. I told them I was very busy with school, and such. They said cool, then I showed this one guy the ring and he tested it and told me that it was defiantly silver. :)

Anyways, I left after all that and now I am here typing to you guys and hoping you guys are enjoying my finds.

Here are the wheatie totals:

3 Unknown 191?
1919s
1937s
1939s
1940s

and a Washington State Tax token.

March24thsfinds005.jpg

March24thsfinds003.jpg

March24thsfinds006.jpg

March24thsfinds007.jpg

March24thsfinds008.jpg

March24thsfinds004.jpg

Upvote 0

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Ive dug 311 coins this year, no Silver, But 1 indian, slump needs to end soon!

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad ya got out and had a great hunt. WTG
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I'd love to see some close ups of those wheats, but great job! We'll have to do it again soon.

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great day! Looks like you guys had some fun. :headbang:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and great job in school!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great hunt nice silver :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Congrats on the ring, and that religious medallion looks Cool! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread