Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D

The weather here has been pretty nasty this week so no hunting for Nana..? :-\ At about noon it was in the 40's so? I bundled up and went out for a couple of hours at the big barn site. The sun was shining and it really didn't feel that cold while I was in the sun. The sunshine didn't last long though and my hunt only lasted a couple of hours. Didn't really find anything good today except the eagle button...and the back is still there...that's a first for me! I got the partial tag with the 206 number...then the spicket valve. Two buckles? And of course the usual bullet and shell find.(included those by popular demand)? :D As I was leaving I looked up and realized why my finds were so poor today.....

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? they were hiding from the buzzards!? :o

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?;D Nana? ;)

Attachments

• buzzards.JPG
    buzzards.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 523
  • 020806stuff02.JPG
    020806stuff02.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 498
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nice finds! I was gonna say cool finds but didn't want to rub it in with the weather. ;)I like the eagle button, though it's too bad the tag wasn't intact. HH and keep 'em comin'.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Nana,

nice artifacts.

In the 40's :o Heat wave.
In the 20's here
Glad you got out.

Birds are good, even buzzards.

have a good un.....

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Buzzards are just trash trucks Nana. Givem a break. Eagle buttons are good finds. Congrats on your finds.
HH Burdie

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice Nana, WTG!!!
Love the button, and the lower buckle,,, very cool...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll!
I know those birds are a necessity. I just needed some kind of excuse for not having better finds for today....

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?and those birds were there sooo.....blame the birds!? :D

I went and got the first eagle button I found and compared it to todays. It looks to be the same only the first one has a shiny front with no back....and the other one has a not so good front and a purdy good back. Now....if I could just swap them out.... :D
It does have writing on the back...but I haven't cleaned it well enough to be able to read it....I am a bit nervous about cleaning it...what if it falls apart!? :P

Oh...forgot to add that I put powder on the back.... ::)

Attachments

• efront.JPG
    efront.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 452
  • eback.JPG
    eback.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 456

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Relics Nana.

You're Giving me a Terminal case of CABIN FEVER.

CONGRATS !
Jeff

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Great finds as usual Nana! I hate it when I see all those "Birds"...reminds me of that Alfred Hitchcock movie that scared me to death when I was little...LOL...Nice button!

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
Nana ...with those finds you are in a good location ...and that eagle button is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Is there a back mark on it? ......................................and 40 degrees? come on I'd be out in t-shirt and thong........(bad visual for you"LL) ...but seriously .........................................last January I kept going up to the fort site in Bath, Pa. ....1756 fort......part of it still stands...now last January it was cold 10's...20's......now this site has given up some real nice goodies but day after day it was being really nasty to me........I said one more day then never again...well that day it was cold..even the buzzards were inside...and the ground was hard...but I figured get down a few inches...........well like I always say it only takes one beep.....and looked what popped out........and I nicked the face....enjoy the pic...aloha johny mc.

Attachments

• SL550361.JPG
    SL550361.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 287
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Great Relics Nana.

? ? You're Giving me a Terminal case of CABIN FEVER.

? ? ? CONGRATS !
? ? ? ? Jeff

I think I remember you using the word.....vicariously..... but....you could come to Bama and go huntin! ;D

johny mc. said:
..........and 40 degrees? come on I'd be out in t-shirt and thong..........aloha johny mc.

:D Really now! :D .............And I'll leave it at that! ;)

Hey Johny Mack...that's an awesome coin! I was just thinking about going to a new spot....but maybe I need to keep going back! :o
The button does have writing on the back...but I can't read it..... :-\ I'll keep cleaning....

Thanks ya'll!

;)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go, Nanners. I'm getting cabin fever, too.....soooo....keep on hunting so I can get my fix everday. ;)

40 degrees isn't bad.....I have been out at 25 degrees and was plenty warm. I think it's the "thrill of the hunt" that keeps me warm. ;D

Good luck.

Haupin

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find's Nana..Maybe the buzzard's were trying to lead you to the Cache...Supposed to snow over the weekend so I'm gonna try and make a half day Friday and make the best of it..Congrat's and HH!!

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA! ... and here I thought I'd be getting involved in a story about your husband tagging along with ya. :D

The ol' buzzard stayed home huh? ;D

Congrats on your finds Nana!

Shannon

Feb 25, 2005
DigginItUp said:
HA! ... and here I thought I'd be getting involved in a story about your husband tagging along with ya. :D

The ol' buzzard stayed home huh? ;D

Congrats on your finds Nana!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! TOOO FUNNYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread